Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-25-2001, 11:42 AM   #1
Yrth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK. I'm in level 3. My problem is not the maze. My problem is the battles.

possible spoiler follows...

//
//
//
//
//
//

As you all know, one group of demons requests the heart of the leader for the other demons. OK. I go in and the battle is fierce. I keep having to retreat. Finally, I went in and simply turned into the Slayer and just hacked the leader, picked up the heart and stone, and took off, carrying the armor/weapons of two dead companions as well.

So, I take the heart to the first demon, he gives me a thieve's hood. (And I think he gave me a second stone as well). But my issue is this: is there any way to actually win the battle with these demons? They seem to regenerate. That is, I actually would go in, kill a monster or two, retreat, heal, go in and kill a monster, repeat. After a certain number of trips, they all seemed to be back. I have a fighter/mage, Minsc, Keldorn, Jaheira, Imoen and Sarevok. I dumped Aerie to pick him up because I needed another fighter for the fights.

Or is everyone just running past them to the south portal?
Yrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 12:01 PM   #2
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

If you had trouble with that battle, you may want to put off the rest of Watcher's Keep until you're a higher level. It gets MUCH harder than that battle.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 12:55 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You have a few options when fighting the two groups of demons.
The Tanaar'ri are harder than the Baatezu on account of their magical abilities. But you can chose which side you want to help, or neither and kill both groups.
I was still able to beat the Tanaar'ri and hand over the leader's heart to the Baatezu leader. I did not do much magic when I encountered them. I just threw myself(ranger dual weilding with that nice new demon killing sword), and Sarevok(Silver Sword) into a sprint for the two ugliest ones there, while my weak people shot bullets and arrows.
Mazzy jumped in the melee with her new short sword that has a 15% entanglement capability. Those three basically wiped out the entire Tanaar'ri group with the back-up of those +3 bullets and the short bow of Gesen.

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 09:56 AM   #4
Leonidas
Dungeon Master

How did you guys get the demons to deal? They came after my Cav and his party immediately. Not just one, but both groups. I now have two demon hearts...

------------------
Be careful! I think it's a tr...
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 11:31 AM   #5
masteraleph
Elminster

That's your problem, you're a paladin. You think a paladin (especially a cavalier!) would deal with demons? I don't. Neither do they for that matter. I don't remember exactly, but one group has a problem with LG and NG, another group has other problems (LG still tho). 'Cause my LG monk couldn't make a deal with them either, the jerks.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 01:18 PM   #6
Greadius
The Magister

I have a party of 4 LG's and 2 NG's lead by a Cavalier... demons didn't deal with me either.
But boy were those battles fun... watch the demon chunks fly!
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote