Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-02-2001, 04:38 PM   #1
Ezekial
The Magister

Does anyone have any good methods of lowering AC (without spells)? As I get to a point where all I get is a message about incompatability due to other equipped items.

My best "cheat" is equipping two rings of earth control, lowering AC by 2 (each is -1)
Old 11-02-2001, 04:42 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

Bracers of defense AC 3 if you're a thief/bard or mage, plus a ring of protection +2, ring of earth control, and cloak of the sewers are all useful.

------------------
Later,

Old 11-02-2001, 04:49 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

the "cannot equip item due to other magical equipmet you are currently wearing" message is caused by having more than one AC bonus equiped. so you cant wear magic armour and a ring of protection. i think that balduran helm and the ring of gaxx are both exceptions to this. the ring of gaxx in particular is oneof the most powerful of all rings - -2 AC, -2 all saving thorws and decent regen.

the helm of balduran jsut gives you a -1 to ac. there are some ioun stones that give the same effect.

but if you really want a low ac, go for a monk. -1 ac for every 2 levels. im gonna solo me one...
Old 11-02-2001, 04:52 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm not sure but aren't there any weapons that give an AC bonus ?

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 11-02-2001, 05:08 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
I'm not sure but aren't there any weapons that give an AC bonus ?

Mini Kinda Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
There are a couple if you install the bonus merchant patch available at www.sorcerers.net

You can then purchase a flail and a katana, which both give a +1 bonus to AC

------------------
Later,

Old 11-02-2001, 05:25 PM   #6
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Vhailors Helm, Helm of Balduran, and Helm of Glory, all give +1 AC. I think there is an Ioun Stone out there that does as well. I personally don't find it as useful as the +10% HP one though.

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast.
Old 11-02-2001, 05:34 PM   #7
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Depends on the race and type of warrior you are playing. Right now, My barbarion has -18 ac and will be -20 when I get to end game.

SPOILER

Monks can wear Keldorn armor. You have to have a set of stats but it is possible.
Old 11-02-2001, 05:38 PM   #8
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by OmegaKiller:
Depends on the race and type of warrior you are playing. Right now, My barbarion has -18 ac and will be -20 when I get to end game.

SPOILER

Monks can wear Keldorn armor. You have to have a set of stats but it is possible.
How the heck did you get such low armor class? What is your barbarian kitted out with?

Old 11-03-2001, 02:50 AM   #9
Kingenigma
The Magister

For Kensai/Mages, try ghost/spirit armor plus blur. Takes AC to - 7 - ish for a while. Without any AC bonus thingees, that is.