Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-14-2001, 04:19 PM   #1
daeomer
Manshoon

I know there is an expansion for IWD but I would really like it if they came out with an IWD2. Has anyone heard plans of this?
Old 10-14-2001, 04:51 PM   #2
Debaser

I'm pretty sure there is no plans for an IWD2...
from what i understand, the whole "infinity engine" series of games has now come to an end.
Old 10-14-2001, 05:20 PM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

do you think there's plans for a new engine then? I mean, the BG and IWD deal is just warming up. It seems dumb to just quit it all now.
Old 10-14-2001, 05:40 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Bg is just warming up? funny, i thought the plot came to a terminal end after TOB. plus about the only thing nobody (around this dump anyway) disagrees with is that the infinity engine is obsolete. i dunno if the NWN enigne is gonna have the same viewpoint, but it is true 3d so it must be posible. if i ever get my machnine upgraded enough that game is gonna rock - plus its designed for 3rd party stuff so anything should be possible. includig porting my party over. which will rock.

anyway the point is that black isles RPGs seem to be on hold for NWN, i guess there no point in making more infinity if there gonna have this awesome (i hope) engine soon is there. if there is an IWD2 it'll be on that engine. which they better name.
Old 10-14-2001, 05:45 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Any characters moved from BG2 to Never Winter Nights will be stripped of all equipment, XP, level ups, learned spells, abilities and high stats will be lowered, so the only thing you actually get to keep is your characters name.
Old 10-14-2001, 05:52 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

wher r u geting this info. im sure its true for the online game (hey, there is no other way to do it what with SK and all) but would they do that for the sungle player? maybe they would make you char the appropriate level for the quest you in - 3rd party quest and so forth would fo course screw this bit up, but i dont think they would totally make you level 1 again? would they. please no. im still taking minsc tho.
Old 10-14-2001, 06:09 PM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I'm sure it's true for single player too, otherwise they'd have to put all the items from BG2 in NWN, and also, NWN uses 3rd ed rules and BG2 uses modified 2nd ed rules, so they wouldn't really be compatible unless things were cut down to the bone because the only place where 3rd ed and 2nd ed are anywhere NEAR the same is a few of the basics.