Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 12:30 PM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

I'm thinking of having Airie (wrong spelling) but my PC is a kensai-mage and I was planning to have Anomen in my party as well. Is that bad or can it be good if I have a special combination of NPC's.
I was thinking of:
Me (kensai/mage)
Arie
Anomen
Keldorn
Minsc
Jan (or Imoen)

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Right now he is mourning for USA.
Old 10-08-2001, 12:45 PM   #2
Vampire

No Druid nor Paladin... and weak on the thief front..
You are better off as a thief mage and keeping Imoen!

------------------
Old 10-08-2001, 12:58 PM   #3
DarkRider
The Magister

hehehe , what was the qeustion i forgot LOL

------------------
A Weird Unknow man
Who Nows were hes fromHis Past is as unknow as for his futureNoBody realy nows the guy , he is always around but never did he stay some were very long

[This message has been edited by DarkRider (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 01:00 PM   #4
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

Airie is write like this --> Aerie

she is a Godness to some people ( like avantar and me )

------------------
Quote:
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats good
www.clix.to/wave
Old 10-08-2001, 01:10 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
I'm thinking of having Airie (wrong spelling) but my PC is a kensai-mage and I was planning to have Anomen in my party as well. Is that bad or can it be good if I have a special combination of NPC's.
I was thinking of:
Me (kensai/mage)
Arie
Anomen
Keldorn
Minsc
Jan (or Imoen)

In my humble opinion Anomen is a waste (of skin, oxygen, pixels, etc.) especially compared to Aerie! Aerie levels up slower, but starts with bonus spells due to her decent Wisdom. Aerie can also put some cleric spells in sequencers! Two "Cure Light Wounds" in a Minor Sequencer can be a great life saver, and later on she can put three larger Cure spells in a Sequencer. Anomen's wisdom is so low he shouldn't have been allowed to dual-class. And that's before you hear him express his noxious little opinions...
You can have a happy party with Jan and Imoen if you get her soon enough... she levels up faster than he does and uses different weapons.

With Jan, Imoen and Aerie you'd have quite a few mages (not that more is ever a problem). You might consider being a Sorceror or Wild Mage if you love mages or a Berserker / Mage if you want the fighter/mage combo. I dunno why but Kensai/Mage never did it for me. I always thought that the ability to wear a shield and helmet were part of why you'd dual or multi-class a mage.

-- Nifft
Old 10-08-2001, 01:35 PM   #6
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

I don't see any problem with your party, except Aerie. Screw her and ge Edwin or Viconia. Long live Anomen!! DEATH TO EARRING!! er...AIRHEAD!! no..I mean AERIE!!

About Anomen.
little Spoiler
Anomens wisdom is raised to 16 once you finish his quest. That means he is just as good as Aerie in the cleric field. Then consider he is better at fighting, levels up faster and pretty much shuts up (except for a few non-irritating lines).
Old 10-08-2001, 01:52 PM   #7
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WATCH IT, HADDAR- I may be small, but I have a very big wrath. Keep your Aerie opinions to yourself, or I just might have to resort to insulting remarks about your mother. By the by, your little plan presents one minor flaw- in order to get Anomen to a decent level, you still have to PUT UP with him until after his quest... in that amount of time, I'd be tempted to kill him myself!

------------------
NEE!

Lorala, Silver Bard of the ALSB
Old 10-08-2001, 05:50 PM   #8
Cleric 2
Manshoon

Aerie IS a goddess of love, cuteniss, warmth and all goodness
Old 10-08-2001, 08:43 PM   #9
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

3who cares if he's a better fighter than Aerie, she isnt suppose to fihgt, she IS a cleric/mage for a reaspn, and Haddor, everone hates Anomen, and most(not all) normal poeple ike Aerie, I for pnr love her, shes great, IMHO.
Old 10-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #10
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

How can you stand Aerie?? I swear if i have to hear her whine about her wings ONE MORE TIME............well , I might just be tempted to see how well she flys with a boot of phaseing stuck up her rear !!! As far as Analman goes , as long as you give him a nice big glass of SHUT THE HELL UP early in the game he turns out ok. He even learned to be nice to Viconia................ eventualy

------------------
A knife in the back is as fatal to a sorceror as any one else