Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 03:25 AM   #1
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

I have a kai who i want to dual, to a mage: he has 18 int, but I didn't read the rules properly, and he has 3 wisdom! which ,menas 50% chance of spell faliure...so i need an item that gives at least av wisom, because then "my dual will rule" ...heheh
Old 02-08-2001, 03:32 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The only thing that comes into mind is potion of insight, it is suppose to raise your WIS to 18 for about 6 hours (game time).
Old 02-08-2001, 03:37 AM   #3
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

hmm thats a tax...what about an edit to bring my wisdom up...what is required for that? I have installed patch & XP cap...
Old 02-08-2001, 03:44 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Might contain SPOILERS: (Read ahead only if you finished the game or wish to be spoiled before finishing the game)
>
>
>
>
>
>
2 ways:
1) Keep on starting over a new game and continuously export/import characters, remember the final test involve your brother Sarevok? The good reward is +1 to WIS and CHR, just keep on doing this test, then export the character, then start another new game and import that character. The reward is cumulative and should build up within 1 hour.
2) ShadowKeeper [much easier, but don't know how hacked numbers will be affected (or carry-over into) by the expansion pack]....takes 3 minutes.
Old 02-08-2001, 03:49 AM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Oops....in order for part one to be successful, you need to do the MoveToArea cheat. It helps to have a separate save game just for "character development", so you can keep on overwriting it after you obtain the bonus stats from the tear tests. It is also preferrable to import your character from the save game until you are satisfied with the results, and when you finally decide to export into a character file, sometimes you might need to use a new file name for the attributes to carryforward.
Old 02-08-2001, 03:51 AM   #6
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

i don't mind about a spoiler, but I'm a little lost...do you mean that its at the END of BG2??? if so, i ain't there yet however, i agree about the Shadowkeeper...is it likely that hacked characters wouldn't be allowed in? surely thats anti-gaming!!! and surely thats a beatable block? did you use the s-keeper? i really REALLY want my kensai/mage...the king.
Old 02-08-2001, 04:03 AM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Well.....the second way is also cheating (even though you are taking advantage of the game's resources). Yes I mean the end of BGII, the area code for Nine Hells is AR2900 and you do the MoveToArea cheat through the console command. CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ar2900") or something like that.......to warp to the final level, Sarevok's level is the Northwest door/entrance/stairs/(whatever you want to call it....), this MIGHT be too much of a spoiler and I am pretty sure it will spoil your game......why not create a new character and start over again if you have time? It is possible to get 90+ rolls and just allocate the points appropriately. I have nothing against hacking, since it is your game, you determine what is the ideal "fun" level for yourself. After I finished the game couple of times, I started to do the point 1 above (initially just to see if there are different endings for different characters/classes), but once I found the end-game attributes can be carried over, I started to "modify/tune" my characters so they have better magic resistance, elemental resistance, saving throws...etc. CThe flaw of this is very time consuming but I did create several some what "immortals" and had a blast soloing or play as a small party. Later on I got into ShadowKeepers because I want to learn more about item creation and global variables.
If this is your first game, I would highly recommend you to start over and do a re-roll. And do neither of the above, due to the high probability of ruining a great game. This is just my two cents on the thought.
Old 02-08-2001, 04:06 AM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

ARGH!!!!! Double posted!
Old 02-08-2001, 04:12 AM   #9
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

yeah i think you're right, i am just going to use shadowkeeper, i haven't read your last msg, because i'm really enjoying game right mnow...but i don't mind cheating if i *have* too : )
Old 02-08-2001, 04:16 AM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just make sure the usage of ShadowKeeper is under "control".
It is your game, afterall.