Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2001, 01:50 PM   #1
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

HEY CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME.

I DONT KNOW WHY BUT MY FIGHTER HAS LOST HIS ABILITIES LIKE DRAW UPON HOLY MIGHT AND SLOW POISON, ANY IDEAS?

ALSO SINCE IVE LOST YOSHIMO CAN ANYONE SUGGEST AN NPC I SHOULD USE AT THE MOMENT I HAVE

EDWIN
AERIE
BLACK HEART (ME) (A FIGHTER)
VALYGAR

I WAS THINKING THAT HALFLING WHO SELLS TURNIPS, JAM OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS
Old 07-21-2001, 01:54 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

MINOR SPOILER AHEAD>>
>>
>>
>>
>>What chapter are you in. That does happen at a certain time in the game, so.. Jan is a Thief/Mage. I would advise Keldorn if you haven't done the family quest yet.
Old 07-21-2001, 01:56 PM   #3
hazard
Dungeon Master

SPOILER

At a certain point in the game Irenicus will take your soul from you. Once you lose that, you lose those innate abilities, but gain another.

Whats up with the caps lock?
Old 07-21-2001, 02:00 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Um, hazard, most people like to play the game and find out for themselves, unless he said SPOIL ME, I don't think he appreciated you telling him a part of the game. Best leave those things untold.
Old 07-21-2001, 02:10 PM   #5
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

OH ITS OK I KNOW IT, I CAN TURN INTO THATY CRAZY ALIEN THING, OH I UNDERSTAND NOW THANKYOU V.MUCH, I DON'T REALLY THINK I NEED ANOTHER FIGHTER OR MAGE,

WHAT ABOUT CERND???

BUT PERHAPS JAN IS THE BEST BETY.

ALSO SOMETHING ELSE MY FRIENDS, I'M ON THE PIRATE ISLAND NOW OK, AND I'VE ALREADY CHOSEN TO GO BY SHIP INSTEAD OF UNDERDARK, IS THAT AN OK CHOICE???

LASTLY COULD U PLEASE TELL ME IF MY CHARACTER IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR WHERE HE IS. I'M JUST PAST SPELL HOLD AND MY FIGHTER IS LVL 15

-11 AC -17 AGAINST PIERCING -16 CRUSHING -19 MISSILES

HE WEARS FULL PLATE MAIL, I USE THIS SIMPLY BECAUSE ALL MY OTHER GOOD ONES, DOOM PLATE, SHADOW SCALES, NIGHTS GIFT +5, JESTERS ARMOUR WON'T LET ME WEAR MY RING OF PROTECTION+2 AND MY +1 ONE.

THACO: -3

LONG SWORD: +++++
SWORD AND SHIELD STYLE; ++
AXE: +

SAVING THROWS

DEATH/POISON/POLYMORPH: 1
SPELLS: 4
BREATH: 1
WANDS: 3

He uses a shielf of Harmony +2 and Namara +2

Also he has boots of cheetah and he puts in 3 attacks per round.

Old 07-21-2001, 03:00 PM   #6
trux

Choosing to take the ship instead of proceeding directly to the Underdark is a wise decision. You will find one of the best (in my opinion) magical items in the game where the ship leads you, as well as an interesting quest and lots of XP and other items.

Your character sounds fine for the point you're at. Really, there is no ideal level to be at to tackle any part of the game. Using strategy a character of any level can overcome any obstacle.

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-21-2001, 03:37 PM   #7
Gustave
The Magister

Whoa...thats a few levels higher than I went into the Undaerdark at. In fact, that is the level my Cavalier came OUT of the Underdark at..hehe
Old 07-21-2001, 05:24 PM   #8
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

You seem to know how to use the caps lock key, so please excerise that knowledge, Introspective.
Old 07-21-2001, 05:33 PM   #9
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Yeah Ok I don't see why CAPS LOCK bothers people, but seeing as it does I will stop.

Would that magical item you are talking about be that weird weapon which changes into 3 different weapons? You get it from the Royal Treasury.

If that isn't the one u are getting at which one are you thinking of.

Yes the level is quite high but keep in mind I haven't played with more than 3 NPC's in my party at a time. I do tactics like just before I am about to get 200,000 exp for completing a quest I remove all my party and have all that exp for myself.

Also I have a -7 THACO at the moment, is that any good?
Old 07-21-2001, 05:40 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

OT: Minor rant

When people write in upper-casing, it is considered shouting. Shouting is of course, considered impolite. There is a time and place for upper-casing, but generally, I tend not to read posts in Caps Lock, because I find it rude, even if it was unintentional.

Proper use of upper-casing is encouraged on the net.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.