Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 08:24 AM   #11
Nevyn
Dungeon Master

Yeah, i agree with you all, the movie is a piece of shitt.
I hope that Lord of the Rings is better,
they have better actors.

------------------
The wisdom is only possist by the learning.
Old 05-23-2001, 08:28 AM   #12
Bleys
Dungeon Master

I have not seen the film yet (The trailer and reviews put me off) but how the hell do you sneak past a beholder?
Old 05-23-2001, 08:40 AM   #13
Lord Shield

I don't think they can point their eyes downwards

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-23-2001, 09:34 AM   #14
Azred
Drow Priestess

It's been a long time since I saw a movie of that caliber. However, there were two things I liked about that movie--the Czech countryside (it's a lovely place to visit) and Tom Baker (jelly baby, anyone?). Speaking of Mr. Baker, even the worst Dr. Who episodes were better than this movie....

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 05-23-2001, 10:20 AM   #15
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

I haven't seen the movie, but would like to make the following mitigating points

1] tough topic, yeah? No one will agree on the minor details and even the wider picture will be ruined. Its hard do a film on this kind of subject matter

2] At least it was made and surely that indicates the genre as a whole is undergoing a bit of a revival (it was truly dead there for ages)

3] Its easy criticise, but rather like Starwars the Phantom menace, the hype was too much, you either get it dead on (X-men) or you make a pigs ear of the whole venture.....
Old 05-23-2001, 10:31 AM   #16
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

I saw the movie and I was not impressed. What I saw in the movie is a badly played, badly written D&D module with lousy NPC and very wierd GM - cruel bastard sometimes, too forgiving otherwise. And btw, in the end they simply go back to Real World(tm)
However some things were clearly taken from a possible module. Like the scene where Snails dies. I can see GM telling him: On one side you see 3 floor drop onto a grassy field, on the other side you see a powerful warrior, who just almost killed you, what do you do? (well the smart thing to do would be to jump down, he as a thief would not sustain much damage) And what do the character do? the dumbest thing possible! Attack a high level warrior, while wearing no armor and wielding a dagger. At least I was hoping he would throw it, for crying out loud!!!!!!!!! And of course, GM had to put such player out of his misery. and That's my impression.
Old 05-23-2001, 02:41 PM   #17
borzian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

DonkeyWan-
You have to see it.
There is really nothing at all good about it.
Believe me, I tried to find something.
After seeing the trailers and pictures of the upcoming LORD OF THE RINGS, the trailers are more enjoyable at a minute and a 1/2 compared to the hour and 45 mins of that trash.
I am still angry at the fact of renting it for $3.
Old 05-23-2001, 03:49 PM   #18
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
I haven't seen the movie, but would like to make the following mitigating points

1] tough topic, yeah? No one will agree on the minor details and even the wider picture will be ruined. Its hard do a film on this kind of subject matter

2] At least it was made and surely that indicates the genre as a whole is undergoing a bit of a revival (it was truly dead there for ages)

3] Its easy criticise, but rather like Starwars the Phantom menace, the hype was too much, you either get it dead on (X-men) or you make a pigs ear of the whole venture.....
Borzian is right, there was no real story and the dwarf "NPC" was a lousy actor. Dunno where they picked him up - he wasn´t even really short. Also, the story faded from one place to another and you didn´t even realize why or when they had gone there. The positive aspect was the girl who played that mage. Whoa! Was she cute, or what?!

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 05-23-2001, 10:58 PM   #19
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I just want to bump this and save people from renting/buying it
Old 05-23-2001, 11:21 PM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Here is a link to a past converstation on this board.
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001409.html

------------------

Larry, a loyal guardian of the OHF, and devoted member of the Ironworks