Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 10:23 AM   #11
Lillie
Dungeon Master

I agree with Charlie - for just a two-week time period (and allowing for a harmonious love life ), I'd buy IWD. BG2 is just amazingly huge and time-consuming.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:47 AM   #12
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Balder's Gate II is WAY better than Icewind Dale (to me) because there is so much more interaction between the characters in your own party. Like the others have said, the game is tremendously larger (although both are addictive)and will take quite some time to finish. I beat it in less than two weeks, but my wife started making little comments about sleeping alone.

I can't tell you enough... THIS IS THE GAME YOU WANT! To buy another in addition is great, but not as a substitute.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:48 AM   #13
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Absolutely. Buy it Buy it now. Go on we'll be here when you get back. Just be prepared to lose your life. I never had one to begin with so I'm fine. It is one of the most finely crafted games I have ever played and will keep you hooked. Make sure you do the in game tutorial first as you're new to this type of game and read the manual, especially the different character classes, carefully. Be sure to change the game difficulty to novice too.
Hey, what are you still doing here? Get, go. Buy....now.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:58 AM   #14
Moiraine
Anubis

Frech, bonjour !

Toxygene, BG II is a great game involving a lot of playing hours ... why not give a try to play it multi with your girlfriend ?
I play multi with my husband and we are having a lot of fun !

------------------
Old 03-20-2001, 02:00 PM   #15
Goblin King
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yah, yah.. all you suckered married types and your responsibilities. See where it got you?! See?!

I've had a great time playing BG2, so much so that I have forgotten that sleep can do a body some good. Play until 5:00 AM when I work at 9am, nap, work, drink tea all day, repeat. Of course, on the weekends, who needs sleep, right? Who needs a life? Friends? They're in my party! Heh.. Seriously, it's a fun game, and very time consuming. 2 hours a day might be possible. Might be. I'm not sure yet. I'm still playing it for 5+ hours a day (I've had it for 5 days so far). That's saying alot, as I haven't been sucked into a game like this in a long time. Hopefully I don't turn out like Tom Hanks in Mazes and Monsters. (insert winking smiley face here)

Old 03-20-2001, 02:18 PM   #16
white heron
Manshoon

.....so,you decided to play a real game? Heh!
I never played an RPG myself until BG1 ,i was put of with lots of demos that didn't impress. BG1 is great ,i'd recommend playing that first because once you've played BG2, BG1 will seem a little tame perhaps.
....having said all that ,i would go out right now and buy BG2 if i were you.
Althogh my Banshee doesn't do openGL/Glide or whatever,i cannot believe the quality of the software version,the lighting and spell / attack effects are great,the maps are beautifully rendered,and the characters,....you will get to know them given time.
If you've ever played an RTS or like tactical games then it's definitely for you.

------------------
"The temple is I and I am the temple".
Old 03-20-2001, 02:22 PM   #17
white heron
Manshoon

Hey, Moraine....you making a little photo album there?!
Old 03-20-2001, 02:23 PM   #18
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

my overview:
BG one of the best, still a few anoyences
BG2 a great game more for playing for a couple of months (when i bought it i played 10 hours a day for 1 and a half months)
IWD never played it but heard its great (like bg2 but shorter)
or as you said your a 1st person shooter type of guy you could get Deus Ex an exellent rpg very tactful or blow up everything in site (my way) great fun takes a bout 2 weeks to complete if good a 1st person shooters/RPG
Old 03-20-2001, 02:28 PM   #19
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I am betting that if anyone on this board tells you they don't like BGII, they will be publicly flogged. In my most humble of opinions, BGII was given to us with Divine influence and created under Divine guidance. Buying BGII is simply the right thing to do for anybody. Now, I am not sure about this, but I think playing BGII might just bring you closer to God.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-20-2001, 04:36 PM   #20
Moiraine
Anubis

Heron ! This is a (not very laughing, I admit) hyena, since I am a member of the Clan of the Laughing Hyenas.

------------------