Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2000, 08:48 AM   #1
Intuition

MAJOR SPOILERS regarding Yoshimo and Imoen ahead, do not read till you are past Chapter 4...............

Okay...

Here goes.

I finally reached Chapter 4 aftre completing a hell lot a quests. And I know that sooner or later, that traitor of Yoshimo will leave my party after I pump him up to level 15. My question is, is it ethical to use ShadowKeeper and give Imoen like 300 000 exp. (I estimate I got that much, even more)??

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-22-2001).]

Old 11-25-2000, 09:36 AM   #2
Suul-Yinn

Well it's up to you. Personally the only cheat I have done is to remove the EXP cap. In my game Imoen joined me at Spellhold at a much lower level than my party. When she went up one level however, she learnt 11 spells, including 3 level 6 spells! Consequently she is now on equal terms with the others despite her level. Maybe daddy's blood is the reason?

Old 11-25-2000, 02:32 PM   #3
SatanGoat

Ethics: If you think it could be wrong it probably is.

Now, that being said, your ethics are your own choice. Personally I'm starting over with a Monk now as you get a BAZILLION casters through the game and a monk seemed fun to play. If he can find em, Imoen can turn em off (was my other reason for making a monk, I tossed ALL the points into find traps). But, ya, I had that as a problem as well.. it's up to you bud. Whatever you have FUN doing.

P.S. is there anyway to hook up with Imoen? I know it's really Kentucky to want to hook up with your sister but hey, someone has to be twisted and demented on the board..hehe *smile*

Old 11-25-2000, 08:46 PM   #4
Armisael

We're all twisted and demented on this particular board, but no, you can't hook up with Imoen, you sick, sick person. : P
Besides, Jaheira and Viconia have better portraits than Imoen. Though Imoen's speech is probably better. "Next time.", "I'll show you a fight!", etc.

Old 11-25-2000, 08:49 PM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Actually we just had our two demented members banned from the forum, be careful what you wish for.
Old 11-26-2000, 12:06 AM   #6
[twisti]

Well, Imoen is definitly a cute lil' girl, and referring to what you've gone through together with her, I'd really liked to see a romance script involving her. But, as a matter of fact, she IS your half-sister, and this would probably upset a lot of people and I guess this is why they took it out of the game.

Spoiler
Hey, I'm pretty sure Baal's power are dominant (not only but including in genetic ways). So would a child of Imoen and your PC have the full power of Baal ?

Old 11-26-2000, 01:20 AM   #7
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

I cheated to dual class a charater by adding exp to my dual class character and subracting equal exp from my other characters to base of the level they are at. The remaining exp I subtracted from later from the character I dualclassed in the first place, after considerable exp had been gained. The results-I gained the advantages of two classes sooner and it took me longer to lvl up after attaining dualclass. The other time I cheated I added a Bag of holding to my inventory and subtracted 3000 gp( in chapter 2).Made for a fair game and plenty of inventory all the way through!

Its tricky to edit your game and still have fun, and sometimes its fun to edit your game. I always keep a Back-up save before I edit,( Ive only edited twice and kept it) just in case I took the fun out of the game while having fun editing. Besides, if the game adjusts difficulty based on your lvl, then increasing your lvl makes it more difficult anyway. Is that really cheating or changing the pace of the game???
Old 11-26-2000, 04:08 AM   #8
Rikard

If you look at greek mythologie you will see a lot of half sister marry their half brothers and even full siblings marry eachother (Zeus - Hera) or uncles marriing their cousins and so forth so whay not in BG

Old 11-26-2000, 09:29 AM   #9
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Historically speaking, Intra family breeding was common in earlier millenia. It is important to note that it has been proven that this weakens DNA, and genetic coding rather than improving or strengthening them for the benefit of the human race. Intra family breeding is a known cause of increased hereditary desease, congenital birth defects and even psychological instability. Many known kings and rulers in the past, were the products of this practice and were quite insane. Something to think about....
Old 11-27-2000, 01:52 AM   #10
Armisael

Yes, I don't think a half-evil-god despot would be a very good idea.