Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #71
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian
 

Join Date: September 8, 2002
Location: Cornelius,NC
Age: 30
Posts: 700
Sanjeet walks to where the alley empties into a busy street. He makes a quick check to see if he can identify anyone out of the ordinary. Once he determines that there aren't any higher life forms in the crouded street, he waves to Keal, and they stroll down the street, looking for the higher ranking officer.
T/-/alali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #72
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk
 

Join Date: January 5, 2002
Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Age: 33
Posts: 6,043
As Sanjeet and the others walk through the cobblestone streets amongst people who don't even seem to be paying attention to their presence, they see a door in a house that is slightly ajar, with odd noises coming from inside of it... This draws them closer. They decide to investigate, so Sanjeet slowly opens the door with a loud creaking noise, what they see inside is absoltuely detestable, the first thing they notice, however is the thick stench of death, and as they open the door further they see and hear tiny machines scurrying about the floor. There are larger ones in the back room disasembling what look like bodies of the residents of that particular building. Before the two can even react to this putrid sight, one of the smaller robots suddenly turns and looks directly at them with a red glowing opical lense, and then, a noise penetrates the air, one which is horrifying and scares any planar hunter down to the bone, it is the cry of Rapture Phage, the mechanized plague which scourges world upon world and is undefeatable... the sworn enemy of the HundredEarths, controlled by an unknown source... Suddenly 10 or so larger machines leap toward the doorway, directly at Sanjeet and Keal.

(Split second descision for Sanjeet and Keel)

-----------------Meanwhile Above the City-----

Just as Vlaew begins to descend the sounds of women screaming acho upward toward the party and also the sounds of screaming... what sound like... machines... also echo. The two seem to distort each other a bit and are very difficult to bear in unison. What do you suggest they do?

---------Meanwhile Back at an undislosed location on hundredearths-------


You don't know how you got here or even why you're here... but you feel a sense of... calm...

"Greetings Kaerban..." The distant voice spoke in a pleasant tone.
"As a tiefling, I can personally say that I share a bit of brotherhood with you... that is to say that... because you are a teifling... I know how you feel. I am the same way... Some parts of me have darker origins than I'd like to say I have... Kaerban... What I'm getting at is... well... you're a Proto Specialist... and I've known you for a few years now as a mercenary... and I'd have to say... that I have a very special place for you in my heart..."
Kaerban lay very still... sitting in a chair with a single light shining directly on him, the room around him still... dark... cold... The voice paused... and then spoke again... "I want you... to do me a favor... but I cannot have you do it against your own will... so you will have to ... accept my idea... and embrace... my way of thinking...

... bottom line is...

do you agree to do so?"

The voice waits for a response... (enter Bozos' character)

[ 09-08-2004, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:00 AM   #73
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon
 

Join Date: February 6, 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 33
Posts: 928
Vlaew will keep climbing, tho stopping to check if he can see what is going on quite often. He'll then try to remain far away/hidden so that he, if he's in for trouble, may be able to take folks out with bow 'fore they reach him.

(OOC: /)K, I'll be away for some days now, probably not back 'fore monday (or, at least only for a few little whiles 'till then), feel free to control Vlaew. Dunno if she's told you, but I think Stormy will be off for a couple'a as well.)

[ 09-09-2004, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Gnarf ]
Gnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:52 AM   #74
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian
 

Join Date: September 8, 2002
Location: Cornelius,NC
Age: 30
Posts: 700
Sanjeet takes a few steps back, aims, and fires his prototype weapon, hoping his partner will follow suit.
T/-/alali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:00 AM   #75
Bozos of Bones
Apophis
 

Join Date: July 29, 2003
Location: The Underdark cavern of Zagreb
Age: 32
Posts: 4,679
Kaerban looked around in the darkness, trying to see who was speaking to him, but couldn't see anything. As always, Kaerban's first question was "How much?" He never cared about anything else than the money.
Bozos of Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:52 AM   #76
Morgeruat
Jack Burton
 

Join Date: October 16, 2001
Location: PA
Age: 38
Posts: 5,421
As Vlaew climbed down Ekans slowly began the descent, first having his nano-bots reassemble the cliff face below him into a sturdy ladder that would hold the android's weight (his own mass being much less it would of course hold him up). Yes things would be interesting in the near future, and from the sounds coming from the village, it would be the very near future.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:10 PM   #77
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk
 

Join Date: January 5, 2002
Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Age: 33
Posts: 6,043
The party descended the ladder while Vlaew made a fool of himself and fell after loosing his grip. Thankfully the Lylock managed to fly down and grab him before he injured himself. After scolding him she was quickly cutts short by the sound of gunfire.
---------------------
Inside the dark building the plasma energy burned throgh the assaulting robots which quicly made a retreat, in the back they began rappidly assembling something. This was greeted with more weapons fire from the proto specialist, he was then shocked to see a device in back turn on and light up, which started acting like a magnet toward the plasma shots fired. Every time he let loose a round it traveled toward a swidling green votex which then absorbed the shot. Wires started traveling across the floor and atatching to some of the damaged machines, they started repairing themselves at imcomprehendable speeds. Suddenly the walls of the building began to crack and more metalic minions burst forth from the windows.
----------------------
At this time the others who were climbing down the ladder reached the ground and turned toward the direction that the local townspeople were running from... as their screams and yells grew faroff the city became quiet... They stared in the direction... the air was still... then suddenly they heard the screaming sounds of two men running for their lives, one lookied like a kitsune proto specialist and the other was a general military specialst with glowing cracks in his skin... a magma genasi?
-------------------------------
As you start running you notice a large party of other-wordly assasins from hundred earths, you spot severals mercs and a lylock, you stop in your tracks and try to catch your breath.
------------------------------
"What are you doing here?" The lylock barks at the strange men who are now panting infront of them.

----Ok The two parties are now one----

Before she could get an answer from the over-worked kitsune or genasi the sounds of a colapsing building echoed and dust flooded through the street.

There was a pause as the dust settled... then, the sound of twisting metal as a 20 foot tall beast lifted up above the nearby thatched roof buildings and began to scream a rapturephage battlecry.

"So they're all here."
a man in the alley spoke... Some people turned to look at him while others were more concentrated on the huge multi-eyed, shape-shifting metal beast that looked like it was about to charge at them.
"Eakens... Vlaew... BXR64... You are looing for one man... to kill... Sanjeet... Keal... looking for a man to give a message... Ah... And one who is without... time... itself... oh dear... I'm afraid that some of you are about to die unless you do something about... the constuct... the controlling construct scourge of worlds... I can feel it... everywhere... growing closer..."
The man's voice seemed haunting, and sent chills down several of the partys' spines.
"And... there are two others... who are nearby... one who has yet to be born... and one who has yet to be freed... oh and Veric..."

A man standing on top of a nearby roof leaped down, he appeared to be an ancient specialist, he was weilding a shiny katana.

"How'd you know I was even here? who are you strange man?"

"Please give me just a moment"

the large machine began to slowly move through the street, slittering like a giant snake as it pushed the nearby buildings aside like sand castles on a beach.

The man stood infront of the machine... pulled a staff from out of nowhere, orbited it around a few times and then weilded it in both hands. he Struck the end of it into the coblestone ground quickly, and the earth began to tremble... the air started orbiting around him and the ground broke free... he was now levitating into the air...

"Your weapons... strike it now!"

Those with projectil weapons began to fire at the machine, their shots flew around the man now floating higher into the air on his chunk of street. His ricepaper hat flew off revealing horribly screwed up blood red hair... his dark blue kimono started to tear and break off, revealing his heavily battle-scared body beneath. He started chanting in what sounded like latin, the shots which fired only bounded off the hull of the large rapturephage mecha.

"there's only one thing to do" the nanomage barked, and his tiny machines began to swirl around him, and fire appeared in his hands... "take this!!!" he threw two balls of fire at the large machine and the flames spread and grew around it, it seemed to be doing some damage but then hundreds of tiny cooling vents opened and liquid nitrogen jetted out of the machines pores, extinguishing the flames and causing it to snow.

The Lylock then southed "Out of the way!" she ran directly toward the machine past everyone else and then let loose an electromagnetic storm.

The machine screamed in what sounded like pain as the electrical bolts of energy traveled out of the Lylock's body and into it and all nearby buildings, causing windows to shatter, stone walls to split open, and a crater to form beneath her feet. Immediatley after the sparks began to fly the man on the stone up in the air lifted his staff into the sky, lightening rained down fromt he heavens and struck him repeatedly, he then pointed at the mahine as if he was directlying the lightenings striking path and bolt upon bolt began to strike the large machine causing parts of it to shatter and break off, like a tidal wave of metal the machine broke apart and then crashed into the street. The man jumped down, helped up the lylock and they ran from the metalic wave which was now fillling the streets, the rest of the party ran too as the machines broke apart and died, the sound was absolutley horrific, like 10,000 car wrecks simultanously. Finally the sound stopped only followed by a few clinking noises of still rolling parts in the street. They turned around and saw that the rapture phage has been completley shut down from the electromagnetic blows. The local people slowly aproached and aplauded the outsiders for saving their town. It wasn't before long before they were paraded through the streets and found themselves at rest in a local inn for the night.

Veric Jenth looked at the trange man who had somehow managed to put his ricepaper hat back on and repair his kimono.

"you know Veric... you were sent here for the same purpose as the mercenaries... but not for the reasons of that woman that saved your lives... remember that every action you make affects the world... and the future... do not let that confuse you..." Without waiting for a response he headed over to another table where the others were sitting.

"You performed well, i have not seen magics like that in my lifetime..." the strange man said...

"Well um... thanks..." The lylock woman replied.

"I know why you're here... you're all looking for the same man..." he said then looking up at the whole party...

"even Veric over there... care to join us?"

Veric with a grunt went to join the others and they gathered around the strange man.

"I am of this world... you... however... I know are not... but we do not want to change the ways of thinking of these people... I however am aware of many things... things including your... hive mind..."

"Who are you?" They all asked at once... a few asked "What are you..."

"I am Reverance... and I am gifted with... sight beyond sight... I am a deviner... and if you are looking for some one... then your best bet is a diviner..."

They all nodded at this concept though a few were skeptical.

"If you want to find Masakari Kai, or Shinokorosha..."

These names startled everyone...

"I will require a special device... which will allow me to find them for you... can you assist me in this matter?"

(can you?)

--------Meanwhile----------

Kaerban waited for the voice to respond... it barked back with assertiveness...

"Money is irrelivant... what I can give you is power... limitless power beyond your wildest dreams!!! All I ask is that you willingly give me the rights... to your vessel..."
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #78
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian
 

Join Date: September 8, 2002
Location: Cornelius,NC
Age: 30
Posts: 700
Sanjeet nodded, "I'm all for helping you, if it helps us get our mission done."
T/-/alali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #79
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk
 

Join Date: January 5, 2002
Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Age: 33
Posts: 6,043
"Well I'll tell you what I need... 30 miles east of this city there is an ocean, docking tomorrow night at a seaside port will be a gunnery ship, if you can commondere this ship from the savage pirates that now own it and sail to an island just 20 miles out at sea directly east, you will find a cave on the island that leads to a dungeon which has been touched only by men of other worlds. It is considered a cursed place, but deep inside the cave rests a sacred ruby, which is guarded by constructs not of this world. Otherworldly enteties such as yourselves shouldn't have any problem stopping them... If you can bring me that ruby, i assure you, I will be able to reveal the exact locations of the ones you seek... I cannot come with you... as my body has become very feeble and I am only able to gain my diving abilites by remaining in the same location for long periods of time... what do you say? Can you bring me thew jewel so that I can help you accomplish your tasks?"
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:44 PM   #80
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose
 

Join Date: April 8, 2003
Location: Arkansas
Age: 42
Posts: 4,442
I will help you, only if it helps me to complete my mission.
__________________
[url]\"http://stormymystic.deviantart.com/gallery/\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3968/stormyvx6.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /></a>
Stormymystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Werewolf game (closed) Morgeruat Ironworks Online Roleplaying 22 07-08-2005 08:52 AM
HundredEarths Characters (CLOSED) /)eathKiller Ironworks Online Roleplaying 56 09-19-2004 08:33 AM
(Closed Game)...The Lost Village of Lomertown Larry_OHF Ironworks Online Roleplaying 8 08-31-2004 11:38 AM
Why the hel** is this closed?? Megabot General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 3 06-08-2002 05:39 PM
BG2 BAR????? Closed? Liliara Baldurs Gate II Archives 6 10-03-2001 05:12 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2017 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved