Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've noticed playing through the first bit of the MQ in Morrowind, Medium Armor kinda... sucks. Since I have the GOTY, is it worth spending training points/skills in that particular branch of armor, or is heavy/light better?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Lignoba
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I personally choose medium armor because it gives the best armor:weight ratio.
Lignoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

Some of the best armour in the game is medium, Ebony mail and Indoril spring to mind.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

Admittedly, there are some awesome heavy and light armours as well.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Glass and Daedric? I was asking because A) I hate the slow-ass walking speed and B) Mixing armors is a bad idea, no?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:33 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Mixing armor does not make any harm but you must be good in all armor skills used by your pieces of armor.
As to the medium armor, yes it sucks in Morrowind. There exist only one piece of medium armor in (plain) Morrowind, which is worth of mentioning (cuirass, Ebony Mail) but you get this cuirass only if you become Archpriest in the Temple. Let us summarize:
- the game contains Light Armor (glass armor) with better armor rating than any medium armor (except Ebony Mail), glass armor is accessible easily (a full set can be even bought).
- heavy armor is, as it were, the best armor in the game but it is super heavy. You will need a big STR boost if you want to wear it. STR 100 is far from sufficient.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:59 AM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

In plain vanilla Morrowind Medium armours sucks, but with the two expansion packs things look much better. Tribunal adds Her Hand armour, Royal Guard armour and, if I'm not mistaken, Adamantium armour, while Bloodmoon adds some bear armour. There's also a Stahlrim/Ice armour in Bloodmoon but I don't remember if it's a Medium armour.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:51 AM   #8
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I wouldn't bother with Medium armour, there are barely any good special medium armour anywhere. I would suggest just evenly spread it between Heqavy and Light so you can use all the great armours available.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Glass and Daedric? I was asking because A) I hate the slow-ass walking speed and B) Mixing armors is a bad idea, no?
You can move fast when your athletic skill or speed is 100 and aboves. So it's no worries when you are higher level in the game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #10
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Bah, roleplay it I say. Makes more sense and is more logically fun to choose an armour type dependant on your character rather than for simplistic power based reasons. For example what class are you playing?
You could start some rationalisations based on that. (I.E A straight thief will stick to light, but a more fighter based thief might move to medium.)

And If you don't like the walking speed, run or jump to the silt striders and mage guild guides instead. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-23-2005, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote