Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-20-2001, 10:49 AM   #11
Jimbo
The Magister

Hey I had the same problem in EQ, took me forever to finally settle down with what I wanted to be, then I decieded to try something else

I do suggest mutli player that way you can make it there with a character, save a spot, import other of your characters, and see how they stack up in the same position.

Good luck and keep on gaming

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 03-20-2001, 11:35 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, Well, DP, you aren't alone! I started the game with a fighter/cleric pc, got halfway through Ch 2 and dumped her for abard(skald), which got set aside as a saved game while I then created a full fighter pc....which I recently dumped and have now gone back to the bard. Whew! So many choices, so many re-play possibilities...not nearly enough time!

Find a class that matches your play style as much as possible and then try to play it through. Like the others said, you can always start a new game eith another pc after that!

Cloudbringer
Raindancer of The Laughing Hyenas Clan
Old 03-20-2001, 11:37 AM   #13
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I thought this was about the server hanging up all the time, I have a lot of trouble with that.

On topic: I think 250 has a little point, if you want to play them all, then play a multiplayer game of 2-6 characters. Don't forget the kensai/thief though
Old 03-20-2001, 11:43 AM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by el_kalkylus:
I thought this was about the server hanging up all the time, I have a lot of trouble with that.

On topic: I think 250 has a little point, if you want to play them all, then play a multiplayer game of 2-6 characters. Don't forget the kensai/thief though

dont play a kensai/thief because it doesnt make sense to me... what, a sword saint backstab people?
Old 03-20-2001, 11:57 AM   #15
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

dont play a kensai/thief because it doesnt make sense to me... what, a sword saint backstab people?
Dualclassing doesn't make sense, but it is allowed in this game.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:05 PM   #16
DarkJedi

Hello Dragon Poop i also feel your pain. I am only outside of the dungeon going to get Aerie and i cant help myself reading posts about other quest way far off in the game where i am. but ya stick to what character you like for me its the assasin( hehe backstab )

Old 03-20-2001, 02:56 PM   #17
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I had the same problem, but most of the choices you mentioned were good ones. I know it would be cool to make all your characters in a multi player game, but for your first time through, I think you should use some of the NPC's. It really adds so much to the game. We're with you brother!

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-20-2001, 06:31 PM   #18
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah you have to RELATE to your lead character, not just admire their skills! I am more comfortable with a good-aligned Cleric than any other type. I keep starting new games, too, trying all the different types and combinations, but I come back to my Cleric with a sense of relief.... It is important, too, to have a character portrait you like. I know lots of people are likely to think that the portrait doesn't matter - but I can't play with a character if I don't like the face.... (yeah, I know...!)
Maybe, when you have found a class you are comfortable with, you will be able to complete a game!
F.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:29 PM   #19
Dragon Poop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL I hate you 250!! I'm new at this so of course I don't read the Manual....DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I TRIED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A ELF RANGER / CLERIC???.......nuts........
Old 03-20-2001, 10:51 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Poop:
LOL
what are you laughing at??

Quote:
I hate you 250!!
you are not the only one.

Quote:
I'm new at this so of course I don't read the Manual....
ok, read it yourself, does it make sense?

Quote:
DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I TRIED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A ELF RANGER / CLERIC???
hmm, I hate to say it, but no. (hehe, make it half-elf)

Quote:
.......nuts.......
hmmm... I do have some, do you?