Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2000, 01:14 PM   #1
lordkymil

Just curious...has anyone ever dumped Aerie, Viconia or Jaheira from their party while a possible romance was developing, gotten them back, and then resumed the romance? Or do they get the shits and not want to have anything to do with you? I'm playing BG2 second time around and want to flick Jaheira temporarily to make room for Mazzy because I want to see what she's like, but never got it on with Jaheira and am kind of curious as whether or not I get to jump her bones.

Old 11-05-2000, 09:48 AM   #2
Tara

I'm playing a male for my second time through since my female in the first game could only get it on with that self important paladin Anomen (I'd rather have someone with a tolerable self esteem Bio Ware!). Anyhow I dropped Aerie after we had built a relationship before I went on the boat to spellhold, and came back to get her after the underdark. Problem I'm having is we didn't walk 30 feet and she knew that I splept with that drow wench in the underdark! (ooops). Hope I haven't screwed up that romance- will have to keep you posted later.

Old 11-05-2000, 04:57 PM   #3
Armisael

Yep, you did. For some reason, they don't like it when you do that... ah well, can't have your cake and eat it too. And, of course, BG2 NPCs are telepathic - do something wrong and it instantly gets acknowledged by every person in every corner of Faerun. Go figure. Also, Anomen is a dickhead.

Old 11-07-2000, 05:24 AM   #4
BaatoRyan

why is anomen a dickhead? don't tell me go figure!

Old 11-07-2000, 08:41 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Go figure!

C'mon boys, he's not so bad, he looks a bit like George Michael...excuse me while i go find an airsickness bag *unintelligible choking, rasping sound*
Old 11-07-2000, 11:07 AM   #6
BaatoRyan

hey! i just said don't go figure! now that you brought it up memnoch, yah! you're half right PLUS insulting george michael's looks! sheesh!

Old 11-07-2000, 11:24 AM   #7
Alasyr

You can do switching from party aerie and viconia and romance will go on regardless, but you can only once drop Jaheira, the second time she's gone.

Old 11-07-2000, 10:21 PM   #8
Tara

Wanted to add that you guys were right. I did mess up the relationship with Aerie in the underdark, she was alot colder after, but still hung in there with me to the end. So now I can't say first hand if you can dump em and pick em up- but I do know that Aerie would make a great pscycic! If I would've known that I would've just kept Viconia, who I took to the Underdark for her skill vs. Aerie. Kinda makes me mad because I was cold to Viconia because I knew I was going back for her- that other drow woman there- I though you had to do it at the time- everything else she asks if you don't do it you blow your cover. Oh well.

Old 11-07-2000, 11:49 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Tara, if you have beaten the game before and want to have all three romances going at the same time you can download the romance override here. After all, it's not cheating until one of them catches you with the other, right?

CHEAT COMING...

If you want to START a romance with any of the four (Anomen, Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia) you need to have the cheat mode enabled. Enter the line debug mode=1 in your baldur.ini file and then use CTRL-SPACE to bring up the CLUAConsole bar. Enter the following:

CLUAConsole::SetGlobal("CharnameMatch","GLOBAL",1)

Replace Charname with the name of YOUR significant other to be!

So if you want your male protagonist to have a relationship with Anomen (though why one earth would you i wonder) it's possible, though i've never tried it.

OTOH if you want to END a relationship without navigating any dialogs replace the 1 in the console command with a 0.

Umm...might be good to have a savegame handy first though just in case.
Old 11-08-2000, 09:14 AM   #10
BaatoRyan

who the hell would want a relationship with the presumably dickheaded anomen if you're a guy! when he whines, i always think thats why its NO wonder that he aint a knight yet! i even entered the high order before him for cryin old loud! who would want a scrub like him?