Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 02:38 PM   #11
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome hither, Remata Klan. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I have only been off-line for a few hours and already you have become well acquainted with the other regulars, I see. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Radek has answered you both well and elaborately... He usually does... both.

Generally, when you undertake a quest, you should let all party members who are members of the guild in question undertake the quest at the same time. That way they are all sure to be rewarded. (No matter which of them delivers the quest item first if it is an item retrieval quest).

There is one small problem concerning the second and third quest given by the pawn shop in Brimloch Roon, where not all party members can undertake the quests at the same time. Let us know if you have problems there.

If one lingers for too long around the Toad Village without talking to Ekbu the party is mistaken for a band of enemies and the toads will be hostile. So generally: Go to Ekbu right away. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keep us posted on your progress. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2003, 03:18 PM   #12
Remata Klan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you very much everyone for the nice welcome and the really helpful pieces of advice!

Radek was right, fortunately I didn’t have to cooperate with Shinwiki to complete the 2nd warrior’s quest. I even killed these woodspirits (some real toughies, god bless the flame drop) and touched the totem before I went back to Smitty who rewarded both my warriors and gave me the 3rd task for the Sword of Mastus 

Now I went back to the crypt to let my other wizard meet Scabban, since my sorcerer is still guild level 1 and Reondalf keeps asking him about Scabban . Hope to find him once again without any bugs blocking my way.

A little question on the side, what are those gems like amethysts, etc. for ? Except for being sold even though they don’t bring that much money, either

Thanks for your help again, really appreciate it 
Remata Klan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sell 'em. They do nothing.

And I'm glad to see you weren't completely stuck in the quest. Now go have fun and remember Mama Hissy's words below....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 08:33 AM   #14
Remata Klan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh well, I guess I can't avoid a game reset now.
I went backt to the cryp with my wizard who is still guild lvl 1 even though he got the mission to find Scabban and already did so.
I talked again to Scabban about every subject, killed him, returned to Reondalf and all he had to say was "I'm still curious about Scabban..."
That's pretty frustrating. Is there any chance to fix this problem, maybe a patch or something ? (haven't installed any so far)
But after Wyvern's encouragement I'm sure a game reset won't be that bad after all [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Alrigthy, I got it [img]smile.gif[/img] It's Scabban's original room I had to visit to get credit for the task.

[ 12-20-2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Remata Klan ]
Remata Klan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 10:31 AM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

W&W was rushed to market (they were running low on development funds) and as a result of that there are loose ends that cannot be resolved to player satisfaction. These aren't major issues - they are things like delivering a letter for Erzebette and after doing so she never acknowledges that you have done it. These quests still count and you do get the benefits of doing them but sometimes the NPC who gave you the quest is not going to say "Hurrah, great job!" (but we will here on the board! ) So don't let it bother you.

Reset isn't as big a deal as it can sound (depending on how far into the game you are). I almost always play a new game for a while and once I have a good feel for it, start over. The nice thing in W&W is you can "start over" and not loose the character development and goodies you've already gained! That's really nice! Some players have replayed the Valeia area several times before moving on to the Ishad N'Ha area. It isn't a bad way to build up characters.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 11:55 AM   #16
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You asked whether there was an opportunity to keep the quest items instead of delivering them to the shopkeeper. There IS. It involve a little cheat, but it requires that you do NOT install the patch.

The cheat is explained by Sazerac on Page two ot the Best Tips in a post called "Saving quest items".
Old 12-20-2003, 04:57 PM   #17
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Remata Klan:
- How do you handle the quests
With both hands [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote