Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
Lady*In*Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Um, i went into the Planr Sphere because I ahd the Valygar man in my party. I defeated Lavok and I have to find a heart to put in a golem that's in an engine room? I have the heart, but I can't find the engine room! Any help would be appreciated! TIA!
~*Roses are red, violets are blue; God made *me* perfect...What happened to you?*~<br /><br />~*I\'m not God. I\'m not here to solve your pitiful problems. If I *was* God, you wouldn\'t be here right now.*~
Lady*In*Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Noticed the four large symbols on the ground in one of the rooms of the planar sphere?

[ 03-23-2005, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 03-23-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Lady*In*Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes...What order do I touch them?
~*Roses are red, violets are blue; God made *me* perfect...What happened to you?*~<br /><br />~*I\'m not God. I\'m not here to solve your pitiful problems. If I *was* God, you wouldn\'t be here right now.*~
Old 03-23-2005, 12:29 PM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

they're sort of disguised as numbers if you look carefully and kinda squint
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #5
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

I don't know the order by heart, finding the right one through trial and error can't possibly take longer than a minute though.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
Lady*In*Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, I'll try it.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Chapter 13 of Volothamp's Comeuppance has this (somewhat oblique) advice for you:
Quote:
In the Umar hills is an NPC who can join your party. Like most NPCs, he has a quest for you. You can get this NPC in Chapter 2, but by the time you can do his quest, you'll probably be in Chapter 3. Again, this quest is very difficult for a young party, and once you're committed, there's no turning back until you've beaten it. The quest contains a bit of a paradox that befuddles a lot of people: You can't go back to the rest of the world yet, but even though you're trapped in the quest, there's a point where you'll need to leave in order to progress further. Yes, I'm being cryptic—-sorry. Take a look at the reflecting pool for another hint.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:37 PM   #8
whathuh
The Magister

Six, reread her post. she has the heart already, just can't find the engine room. Heres a trick for the trial and error fireball avoidance. Make sure when you click the symbols, stand as far away from the center of the room as possible. No damage!

Also a note on the guy you get one of the hearts from. His attack is considered a normal weapon! Fire elementals are immune to his damage. I thought it was kind of funny at the time
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:25 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Doh! I read her "I have to find a heart to put in a golem" and then brainfarted the next clause. My bad.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote