Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 10:06 AM   #31
Epona
Zartan

What the heck is this all about??? Is it something in the water around here this week?
I suggest everyone cool it and shake hands.

Now welcome to Ironworks.

Blackwolf - you do know that being 'one of the older guys' here puts you at around the 40s mark?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 10:13 AM   #32
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

hahaha good sig epona.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:35 AM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Calm down, both of you. Amergin, even though it was a joke, you didn't put a smiley so Bob may have misunderstood you. In my experience that is usually the main reason for misunderstood jokes. But you made it worse with this reply...

Quote:
Posted by Amergin:
1. for someone to be commenting on intelligence with the number of misspellings you had is more than ironic. if you could have delayed your kneejerk reaction long enough to see what else ive posted here, you would have found evidence contradictory to any accusations of stupidity or unhelpfulness.

2. "am i unwanted?"... hi, this is a public forum about a computer game yet you want to know if people here like you but their opinions only matter if they have "intellegnce" [sic].

3. i did say the jury was still out; fortunately for them you pled to a lesser charge.

4. i based my judgement on a name; rather superficial, wouldnt you think? but wait, you make snap judgements so therefore you didnt catch the sarcasm.

5. you try to distance yourself from the name you chose but oppositely become offended when i state the personalities ive known that were attached to it. please be more consistent.

...when all you had to do was say you were joking, instead you composed a long, insulting, flamebaiting post, making the situation worse.

Quote:
Posted by Amergin:
in any case, no flame war here as i must now avoid any posts by this person lest i retch from all the sniveling. dont step into the arena unarmed.
Thanks for not flaming any further, but don't act all aggrieved when you started it, mate!

Darth Bob, best not to respond in kind when someone flames you. That shows maturity.

Let's have no more of the primary school playground foolishness, ok, guys? Act with a bit of maturity, eh?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 11:07 AM   #34
dominions
Elminster

Hi Darth Bob and Blackwolf - WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!

Hey, I don't think anyone welcomed me when I first arrived (so to speak). Can I get on the bandwagon? Please? Oh, go on. Pretty please?

BTW (just to show this has something to do with BG2 SoA) I've completed BG1+ToSC. I ordered BG2 SoA+ToB pack from jungle.com a week & a half ago so that I'd time it's arrival with the completion of BG1 ... Still hasn't bloody arrived!
Anyone else had problems with this company?

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
Old 10-08-2001, 03:02 PM   #35
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

"Blackwolf - you do know that being 'one of the older guys' here puts you at around the 40s mark?"

-----

I`m 39 and about to hit 40...

As for you, Darth Bob, I have no idea what you`re on about. The "flamepit" comment was directed at that Amergin fellow, not you. Relax, buddy.

[This message has been edited by Blackwolf (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 04:14 PM   #36
Nifft the Nimble

Hey I'm new too! Give me some flames! er.... I mean love!

-- Nifft
Old 10-08-2001, 06:04 PM   #37
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

Welcome, of course we love you!
Old 10-08-2001, 08:09 PM   #38
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

okei-dokie Memnoch, .......Amergin........I say we do put this behind us, It's all rather silly if you think about it, insulting each other over I forget what, on a forum dedicated to a computer game!? That really seems odd to me, so lets just forgive and forget? Glad we've reached an undertanding.
Old 10-09-2001, 08:43 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob:
okei-dokie Memnoch, .......Amergin........I say we do put this behind us, It's all rather silly if you think about it, insulting each other over I forget what, on a forum dedicated to a computer game!? That really seems odd to me, so lets just forgive and forget? Glad we've reached an undertanding.
Good on ya, mate!

------------------