Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I know amidst all the GW players are some WOW players, so this is a topic for us. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

What characters do you play on WOW? Some people have one character and play them all the time, others, like me, have a number of characters at once. Here is my list with some comments on what I like/dislike about them:

Ivelliis - Night Elf Hunter
This was my very first character I had (until my dad made me change to a new account so he could keep his rouge, pfft) who I then remade and played again.
I despise the Night Elf starting area, it's just so big! There is a lot of running to do, thats for sure. Hunter is a fun class to play, although a 'few' people dislike hunters I think I've helped dismiss the rumours about not letting a hunter pull in instances. I can easily kill mobs 4 and 5 levels above me (as proved fighting King B in STV and 33 with a group of 35-40 without dying). Although it's getting a bit tedious grinding for my mount (I'm 38.8 ish) I still play him, but not for long stretches of time.

Balik - Dwarven Paladin
Balik is your everyday dwarven tank. The dwarven area is SO much better than the night elf area, it's so simple. You do this, do this, run here, deliver this, then you're out of the boring bit. Easy peasy. I like paladins as they can tank (to a degree) and heal (again, to a degree). The pain of not being able to pull out mobs is getting to me now that I'm finding 2 and 3 mobs at once, but I manage, and if things get nasty I can do a quick holy light and be near full health again. Pretty fun, but that might be as he is still low so far.

Fimble - Gnome Mage and Rimble - Gnome Warlock
The cliche of identical twins with rhyming names, how fun it is on a roleplaying server
My story of why they are never seen together is Fimble has a pet rabbit (Mr. Snuggles) who he adores, and talks to as if he is his only and best ever friend. Rimble hates rabbits and refuses to associate with him when the rabbit is there. Fimble won't get rid of it, so they are never seen together.
Mages are pretty cool, although when mobs spawn right in front of you and you just used your frost nova so it has 20 seconds left until its useable again it gets a real struggle.
Warlock talent trees are getting a revamp, and I can see why. Nothing really appeals to me, but warlocks are fun none the less. The problem is that you get so many talents, say nine, but three are curses, and only one curse can be afflicted at any time, so you find one you like and never use the other two. Pointless buying them, but they get a free mount, so who cares [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Urgg - Undead Rouge
Seeing all the PVP videos with undead rouges showing up every other class meant I had to get one, freshly reborn this morning. The undead area is so different - I've never played horde until now and it's quite fun. The horde have less "1337 dudes" than Alliance, so that's better than normal. Not many rouge skills yet (SS, Evis, Gouge and Backstab) so my fighting is still pretty basic.

All the above characters are fun none the less, and excellent for a rainy day (which we are getting FAR to many, it's supposed to be summer fgs!).
Old 06-25-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

My main is a lvl 40 Dwarven Warrior
My Alts are a level 23 Human Mage
Level 17 Dwarven Pally

thats it so far.. working my main to 60!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 AM   #3
Vampire

Ethanlien - lvl 60 (dare i say: uber) hunter on Emerald Dream. Currently a bit bored, waiting for guild to reach Molten Core capability. We tried Onyxia but lack experience to kill her.

Gear include: Epic Core Marksman Rifle, Full Beastaulke Set, Epic Lifestone, Arcanite Reaper Axe, and Epic Mount
Old 06-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Molgar
Tauren Shaman:

Starting Region- Mulgore: Definately a very convenient area to level up in. While it is a vast open plain, I still think it is relatively smaller compared to other regions, and quite secluded from heavy PvP action, making it a great starting area. Beasts are plentifull for skinning, also making it a plus. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

PvE Views: As a hybrid, Shamans easily excel in PvE. With a plethora of spells ranging from healing (Healing waves, Cure poison/disease) to damage (Lightning bolts, instant nukes) and buffs (totems, rockbiter & windfury weapon). This is a great class to play, especially if you specc out the enhancement tree. Enhancement essentially makes you a great PvE person. Examples: 5% crit chance increase, on a crit 30% attack speed increase for 3 hits, parry, 10% armor value increase and more.

Basically, shaman make great soloers in PvE, and can aid in instances rather well as a supporting tank or healer.

PvP: I haven't done real PvP aside from BG, but I've learned enough. Shaman definately have strengths. They are
Earthbind Totem: AoE 50% movement reduction.
Grounding Totem: Absorbs 1 spell.
Tremor Totem: Every 2 seconds, fear/sleep effects removed
Purge: Removes 2 buffs from opponents (gets rid of Priest shields, mage shields, etc).
Chain Lightning: Lightning bolt that hops from one enemy to another. Great spell.
Earth Shock: Instant nuke, interuppts spell and prevents spells of that type from being cast for 2 sec.
Frost Shock: Insant nuke, slows enemy movement by 50%
Ghost Wolf: Travel form, 40% move increase. With talents, it can be made into a 1 sec cast, very helpful.
Lesser Healing Wave: In general, it is much more cost effective than healing wave, but in PvP the fast cast time makes it a gem.
Fire Nova Totem: AoE nuke that runs on a timer. If it isn't destroyed in time... nice damage.
Lightning Shield: Does damage to attackers. Especially nice when you are fighting it out 1 on 1 pvp.

People will say the Shaman is overpowered and needs to be nerfed. But the thing is, they aren't overpowered. Every other class is severely imbalanced comparably, but the Shaman is the most balanced class out there. Look at all the patch changes since the official release if you don't believe me. They are all minor changes (mainly icon changes rofl) while other classes are totally revamped with each patch.

And one final comment.

BLOODLUST IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

My main is Gnorrf on Earthen Ring. Level 60 gnome warlock. Been in Molten Core a couple'a times (got Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennes'n Garr yesterday), and will hopefully get Onyxia oday (Edit: Make that Kazzak) [img]smile.gif[/img] ... not yet gotten any of them neat level 60 epics tho :\

My alts are the trolls Yhg (level 20 warrior) and Tooc (level 19 rogue) on Emerald Dreams (got bored with Tooc'n started Yhg, so currently not playing Tooc any).

... European servers.

[ 07-01-2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Gnarf ]
Old 07-01-2005, 07:31 PM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

OMG its been so long since ive been here and ive missed it....dare i say!

Well to the point comrades in arms ( wow )

Vupo Gnome Mage lvl 41 talents are mainly on arcane with a little in fire ( gotta rewamp talents at lvl 55 in order to work in Molten Core since fire talents are wasted there )

Danica Human Priest lvl 16 - dont use him anymore but cant get myself to erase the poor man.

Jayzon Night Elven Warrior lvl 24 I am using this character a lot p.t. since Ive grown tired of the mage ... need a little break - but Jayzon got the best equipment due to Vupo sending money.

Sylvani Night Elven Druid lvl 13 - I ONLY use her for disenchanting - the stuff i get from disenchanting sells for WAY many money on AH.

Vupo used to be Guildmaster of danica legion a scandinavian guild on sunstrider.

I play on sunstrider...some might know the name Jayzon Mohr from starwars galaxies were i was a proud member of the clockwork guild.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Lvl 60 Human Mage

Lvl 60 Human Warrior

Lvl 45 Human Priest
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote