Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-24-2001, 12:24 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Do be careful on this, as Wyvern says, if you're playing without the patch file. I created a Gourk "mule" character in the inn as a "valet" for my other characters. I had him holding skulls to save them for the Warlock Ascension while I took others to the Town Hall in Valeia for the Skull quest...well, when I came back to get the skulls...they were no longer there. That danged Gourk ate them!

I guess Gourks like skulls.

Somehow I feel a story brewing here...

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 12:32 AM   #2
Vetal

Where is safe to store my stuff?

Is it some forgotten things disappearing from opened chests? Is any missed weapon disappearing too?

How to take out my inventory?
Old 01-24-2001, 12:45 AM   #3
Tarweed

My experiences -

1) I dumped some stuff outside the walls of Ishad N'ha a long time ago. The pile is
still there, but I havn't checked whats in it in detail, so maybe it's only some things,
not all.

2) If you sell something you can buy it back later, for about twice the selling price.

3) I went back to a place I killed some spiders to collect the eggs. No longer there!
What counts as "going away", causing the disappearence, I don't know.
Old 01-24-2001, 12:56 AM   #4
carg
The Magister

Like a ratling would be better!
Someone else wrote on this forum (I believe it was Gauleiter), that the equipment of characters at the Inn is only updated when they enter or leave the Inn. So if your party stays at the inn while unloading, and your Gourk never sees the light of day (which last 24 hours a day in the cities), you might indeed be surprised. That would mean he has to leave the inn at least once before you leave the game.
But then again; if this is true you can cheat outrageously by fetching the same valuable items from him over and over again. (Once per session.)
Oh well: something new for Scronan to lie awake about I guess, since he's kicking around happily now.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 08:02 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can create a character to stay in the inn and hold inventory for you. Just do not leave quest items with them (not sure if the patch fixed that problem).
I dumped a lot of old quest items (keys and the like) outside the west gate of Ishad N'ha and they seem to be staying there.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote