Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 02:34 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I hope the do cause mine is pretty lame at the moment. I know most classes are weak at the start and end up pretty powerfull later on but my assasin can't even kill a goblin without help from Jaherie. Also he alwasys misses. Will that get better?.

Finally I'm not sure about my group

I want

Edwin
Vicona
Korgan
Jan

and I don't know who else to add. I've still got Jaherie but I'm not sure if I want her.

Thanks

Warby
Old 11-29-2001, 02:42 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The Assassin's main strength is his/her backstab. Give him/her a Cloak of Non-Detection and stealth him/her. Proceed to scout ahead and eliminate enemy Mages and other targets of your choice. Usually when your opponents has no Mage/Cleric backup, they are easily taken care of by the rest of your party who should rush in after the backstab.

Assassins are also good archers thanks to their Poison Ability. Give your Assassin the Tuigan Bow and let fly the poisoned arrows. If you stack enough poison on a target, the target will be reduced to a quivering bag of flesh and will be unable to move or attack.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:48 PM   #3
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Hmmmm. Maybe I shouldn't play as a assasin. I like killing. I thought an assasin would be good at that. Once you've left the shadows your useless.

Warby
Old 11-29-2001, 02:51 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You want a frontal killing machine? Yup, then Assassin is not for you. Try either Berserker, Barbarian, Monk, or a Paladin kit.