Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 10:04 AM   #1
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Most of you Americans and foreing posters know how to make a difference to help counter terrorism. You can give blood, sign books of Rememberance, pray, call your local authorities, etc, etc. Those are all good ways to help. However, there is a more efficient way to show to terrorists that there attack on Western Civilization didn't meet one of their intended goal: disrupt the world economy.

All know that Wallstreet has been closed for over 4 days. The New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and other trading organisation in NY have also been closed since the attack and are scheduled to re-open on Monday. At opening, the US economy is going to be put to the test. Which translates to the World Economy really.

If people engage in speculative trading or remove all their investments, chances are we will fall into recession. This is preciselly what anti-American group want.

Please, at the opening bells of the NYSE, invest and keep your money in the market. No matter if you are talking about 100$ or 100,000$ put it in the system and leave it there for a few days or weeks. You will really make a statement and you will be effectively fighting terrorism.

Ryanamur

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-14-2001, 05:10 PM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

aye aye,
this is crucial.

------------------

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Old 09-14-2001, 05:14 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Most of you Americans and foreing posters know how to make a difference to help counter terrorism. You can give blood, sign books of Rememberance, pray, call your local authorities, etc, etc. Those are all good ways to help. However, there is a more efficient way to show to terrorists that there attack on Western Civilization didn't meet one of their intended goal: disrupt the world economy.

All know that Wallstreet has been closed for over 4 days. The New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and other trading organisation in NY have also been closed since the attack and are scheduled to re-open on Monday. At opening, the US economy is going to be put to the test. Which translates to the World Economy really.

If people engage in speculative trading or remove all their investments, chances are we will fall into recession. This is preciselly what anti-American group want.

Please, at the opening bells of the NYSE, invest and keep your money in the market. No matter if you are talking about 100$ or 100,000$ put it in the system and leave it there for a few days or weeks. You will really make a statement and you will be effectively fighting terrorism.

Ryanamur

Our (me & wife) investments will stay as they are!

Great Post Ryanamur. I just hope everyone else NOT on this forum have the same common sense!

Mark

Old 09-14-2001, 05:18 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

how well said!
keep up your lives, everyone!

we WILL win this one!!
Old 09-14-2001, 05:31 PM   #5
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Yes please do. My partners and I stand to loose our
retirement if the bottom falls out.
LET's kick some(edited for content)