Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Aec'Letec... (strategy spoilers?)

Hehe, took him out without losing a single party member, infact the only one who took any damage was my PC.

Party: Myself(Paladin), Minsc, Khalid, Jaheira, Imoen, Dynaheir

So Everyone is hasted, blessed, defensive harmonied. Me, Minsc, Khalid, Jaheira all down Potions of heroism, everyone gets a potion of mirror eyes. We enter the room and I have dynaheir fire off a couple cloudkills in either half of the room. Meanwhile Imoen is firing arrows of detonation at the middle cultists on either side. At the same time Minsc, Khalid, Jaheira and I take out the two nearest cultists.

Before Aec' even gets a chance to move the room is clear.

Caution: results may vary, the above result occurred on something like my 3rd or 4th try. The other times 1) Imoen wasn't using detonation arrows, 2) I just had lousy luck with to hit rolls. and I'd lose at least half my team just because Aec hits HARD.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Aec'Letec... (strategy spoilers?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
We enter the room and I have dynaheir fire off a couple cloudkills in either half of the room.
That will really do the trick.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Aec'Letec... (strategy spoilers?)

Well, I'd read that Aec' was incredibly weak to the spell so I decided to give it a go. It seemed to have little effect on the cultists but definately did a number on Aec'. the detonation arrows are like rapid-fire fireball spells (if by some odd chance anyone didn't know). And they pretty much did the trick on the cultists.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote