Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

My dad has a habit of punishing me for not doing various school assignments by putting a password on my computer account so I can't access it without his permission, then when I finished my work he would remove the password but would also remove my administrator priveledges until he was satisfied. There used to be nothing I could do about it. Now there was.

Just an hour or 2 ago, he tried to call my stepmom and instruct her on how to use his administrator account to bypass my password, and sure enough did. Luckily, he forgot that a couple of months ago I got a new hard drive installed, and moved all my files there. So now I had no problem reformatting the C drive and reinstalling Windows. So all my files are gone, and I only had to spend a few minutes putting all my settings back and installing the important programs that were on C.> [img]smile.gif[/img] Also I took both of their accounts, and made them limited so they can't do it again. I'm also planning on hiding the Windows disc so they don't try the same trick on me.

Heheheh, I'm such an evil little monkey.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Very clever.

Have you thought about using that cleverness on your school work?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:24 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, that's clever, until they decide it's easier to just take the computer away instead of changing the password. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2006, 03:32 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Ah...but then he'd have to kill his parents, and we wouldn't want that now would we ?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:04 AM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

i'de "lose" the disk, and remember you need your comp to do you "homework"
Old 03-31-2006, 06:39 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
Very clever.

Have you thought about using that cleverness on your school work?
That was my first thought as well. My last gf's daughter used to think she was pretty slick, until I took her computer away. She really didn't like having to actually type her assignment out on a typewriter, instead of on the computer, no spell check for one thing, so she had to be meticulous about her spelling. It didn't take her long to realize that she needed to do her homework before she played around on the computer.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:53 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm... clever, grasshopper, but remember... that's just a battle, not the war. If you're dad's smart enough to change passwords and settings on your account, the odds are pretty good that he's got enough smarts to have a couple of alternative plans available. Your comp could be replaced by a Pentium 233 running Win98... at least, if it were in my house [img]smile.gif[/img]

The problem with being sneaky with your parents is that you never know for sure how far they will go to ensure they win. I remember one time where my dad just removed the VCR from our house... kind of hard for me to watch any movies then.

In the meantime, enjoy, and realize that you've upped the stakes. Let us know what your dad does next
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 AM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
My dad has a habit of punishing me for not doing various school assignments by putting a password on my computer account so I can't access it without his permission, then when I finished my work he would remove the password but would also remove my administrator priveledges until he was satisfied. There used to be nothing I could do about it. Now there was.

Just an hour or 2 ago, he tried to call my stepmom and instruct her on how to use his administrator account to bypass my password, and sure enough did. Luckily, he forgot that a couple of months ago I got a new hard drive installed, and moved all my files there. So now I had no problem reformatting the C drive and reinstalling Windows. So all my files are gone, and I only had to spend a few minutes putting all my settings back and installing the important programs that were on C.> [img]smile.gif[/img] Also I took both of their accounts, and made them limited so they can't do it again. I'm also planning on hiding the Windows disc so they don't try the same trick on me.

Heheheh, I'm such an evil little monkey.
Excellent, my young padawan.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #9
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

...You're gonna get HOSED. Seriously, if your dad knows about administrative passwords, then it won't take long at all to realize that you've reinstalled windows...and then, let me tell you that your "bargaining" chip will work very much against you. You'll find yourself in more and more trouble, very quickly. But oh well...have fun

At least your dad will use a computer

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #10
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

One thing you need to remember when it comes to parents, they have been where you are and there is nothing new you are going to show them when it comes to getting your way. You haven't been where they are so be careful, they are not your enemies they are your partners.