Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Authors note.... I'm sorry if this offences anyone that is not my intent. It just came to me.

Slowly I moved my gaze from the figure he was preaching about the evils of the world but they meant nothing to me, goodness and evil meant nothing to me. I did my masters will and that all but recently, I couldn't remember how long ago it started, I had begun to wonder was my masters will was right.
All I kept hearing was that taking the lives of others is wrong but that is what my master wills, to take the lives of those my master deems to die. Sometimes I am asked to kill a few, some times many but always me and my brethren did as was bid of us.
I started to walk faster the people before me parts slightly as I approached and I felt the gaze of the people on the street fall on me, my kind is rarely seen around here I guess. My pace quickened until I found myself running, down streets and around corners until i stumbled into a garden. The sweet smell of the flowers relaxes me, slowly I stroll across its green grass and linger in the shade of it trees.
It is a familiar feeling as I find myself coming to this garden more and more whenever such thoughts of as these enter my mind, always I walk a different path but in the end I find myself, as I do now, before this same tree.
It was an ancient tree, its branches reached high into the sky and the gentle smell of its blossoms fills the air, I run my hands over the bark and stare at it. High above me in its branches are fruit, the likes of which I had never seen. Reaching up I moved to pluck one when a voice sounded behind me.
'What are you doing?' I turned, it was one of the ones who watch over and protect this garden.
'I was going to eat a fruit' I replied. He turned and looked at some of his fellow gardeners; they all looked alike with the same outfit almost like they were copies of single person. 'Is that okay? I inquired.
'I haven't been told to stop you. I was curious.' He responded and walked away. I finished taking the fruit and gingerly bit into to it, the taste was unexpected, at once both delicious and foul. I fell to my kneels and felt tears run down my face, I was crying and couldn't stop. A new voice called out to me.
'Why are you crying?' I turned it was my master.
'I'm crying because I've done so much wrong, I've killed so many people, caused so much pain.'
'And you did so in my name but did you not also do good and bring joy to peoples lives?'
'Yes but for every life I brought joy to, every good deed I did helped but one person. While every one I caused to suffer, everyone I killed caused more suffering to those close to them. Why, why did you have me do these things?'
'Because the needed to be done.'
'But why if you knew them to be wrong? Why if they only brought pain and suffering?'
'Because I never meant for you to know that they were wrong. I feed you from the tree of life so you would never die or fall ill, but I never gave to you the fruit of this tree so you never knew good from evil.'
'But....'
'But why? I didn't what to see any of you hurt, I knew that such knowledge would cause you pain so I chose to hide it from you.’ AA soft sigh left my masters lips. 'Now that you know such this I can no longer ask you to do these things, I find myself forced to ask you to leave as I once had to do long before, when someone else ate from this tree and it still pains me, both then and now.'
'What shall I do?'
'Go into the world and try to do good. With that and time it shall lessen the pain of the guilt that holds you now.'
'Then I shall go, as it is the last command you my master shall every give me. Yet I am both happy and hurt to know this.' With that I spread my wings and leave these places I once called home, knowing I could never return.

Hope you liked it.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:50 AM   #2
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's a little too biblical for my liking.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote