Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
Haldir
Manshoon

I am interested in Scotland. Is anybody from Scotland, so that he can tell me about it?
Old 09-23-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Mouse and Jerome are, but they're useless

They have Billy Connolly. Bastards.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:08 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

And they have whiskey and even worse weather than here in holland!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Mouse and Jerome are, but they're useless

They have Billy Connolly. Bastards.
As is our resident PC hardware expert, andrewas. Btw, we're not useless, it's just hard for those of limited intellect to appreciate the depth and subtelty of our naturally superior intellects [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img]

P.S. Try here for some basic information.

[ 09-23-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 09-23-2003, 03:57 PM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Btw, we're not useless, it's just hard for those of limited intellect to appreciate the depth and subtelty of our naturally superior intellects [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img]
You lie! * [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

Aw, c'mon, aren't I allowed to scare the newbies off talking to you and Romey? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:02 PM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Btw, we're not useless, it's just hard for those of limited intellect to appreciate the depth and subtelty of our naturally superior intellects [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img]
You lie! * [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

Aw, c'mon, aren't I allowed to scare the newbies off talking to you and Romey? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]You mean so they warm to you and you take on a maternal light, only to dash their hopes of you reading them stories when you turn all "I am the drow mistress, come here and be punished, etc"? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 04:45 PM   #7
Rokenn
Galvatron

My favorite Mike Myers quote about Scotland-

All scotish food is based on a dare. *points to hagis* I dare ya to eat that!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:01 PM   #8
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
You mean so they warm to you and you take on a maternal light, only to dash their hopes of you reading them stories when you turn all "I am the drow mistress, come here and be punished, etc"? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
"Once upon a time, little boys and girls, there was a very silly Ironworks member called Horatio. Now, Horatio liked to run, so when he annoyed the nice drow mistress Kaltia, she let him run.

From her five-headed dragon pet "Tiamat".

It is said that the silly Horatio is still running away from Tiamat even now! Oh, dear, boys and girls, that's the end of the story! But look! I have a new one here, "The tale of the dancing genie-boy"! It begins like so..."

Something like that, Robert?

Old 09-23-2003, 07:34 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
You mean so they warm to you and you take on a maternal light, only to dash their hopes of you reading them stories when you turn all "I am the drow mistress, come here and be punished, etc"? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
"Once upon a time, little boys and girls, there was a very silly Ironworks member called Horatio. Now, Horatio liked to run, so when he annoyed the nice drow mistress Kaltia, she let him run.

From her five-headed dragon pet "Tiamat".

It is said that the silly Horatio is still running away from Tiamat even now! Oh, dear, boys and girls, that's the end of the story! But look! I have a new one here, "The tale of the dancing genie-boy"! It begins like so..."

Something like that, Robert?
[/QUOTE]rofl, I think he is to busy running Kat
Old 09-23-2003, 08:08 PM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

And they have whiskey and even worse weather than here in holland!
I have been to Scotland about seven times, once for a full weeks tour on a motorbike [img]tongue.gif[/img] The areas away from Glasgow /Edinburough / Dundee ect are well worth seeing, very friendly, great beer and very relaxed. I have yet to see more than a half day of sunshine in total, it is a very moist area. Here is a extract from a post I did on the visit.

"My wife and me did a weeklong tour of the eastern side of Scotland on motorbikes many years ago. Being summer it rained heavy every single day, we were constantly wet, and for the most part we were camping too. We never dried out once But the crazy thing was it made the scenery even more beautiful!, the heather on the moors glistening with the rain in the odd shaft of sunlight peeping through the ever brooding sky. Empty roads unwinding like a black ribbon to the horizon. Surely the most peaceful and empty of Europe’s destinations."

I love the place, shame about the strange languague the locals use though

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years