Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I can't wait to see this movie. Quentin hasn't made a flick for like 6 years since the ill fated jackie brown. Uma Thurman as a samuri. I heard this is his goriest movie to date. I bet it is going to be totally awesome.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:33 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Time will tell...best of luck to the movie makers!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Its coming out in two parts I heard. One is coming out now and the next one next year.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
Its coming out in two parts I heard. One is coming out now and the next one next year.
<font color=lightgreen>
Oh my frikkin' god, please tell me that isn't true!!

I have had it with 'to be continued' movies. LOTR, matrix and now a singular movie like kill-bill? Do these people think its interesting to make us wait a whole year to finally see the ending? Come ON!!!!
</font>
Old 10-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Do these people think its interesting to make us wait a whole year to finally see the ending? Come ON!!!!
Probably [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 10:26 PM   #6
Bristowe
Elminster

Oh man, i wanted to watch this so bad after seeing the trailer for it hahaha, i love tarentino's movies, they're so funny noones made a good old fashioned jap-sword fest for AGGGGEEESSSS
Old 10-09-2003, 03:52 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
<font color=lightgreen>

I have had it with 'to be continued' movies. LOTR, matrix and now a singular movie like kill-bill? Do these people think its interesting to make us wait a whole year to finally see the ending? Come ON!!!!
</font>
</font>[/QUOTE]I read it was originally intended to be one movie, but when they were cutting it, they had so much cool footage they wanted to use, it was going to be so long, they decided to divide it into two. I am already hearing about how gory and stuff it is. after dusk till dawn I don't doubt it
Old 10-10-2003, 05:52 PM   #8
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
<font color=lightgreen>

</font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, one cool movie is obviously better than two...
Old 10-11-2003, 11:38 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I saw it today and give it [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Three things to note here:
1. Gory. As all hell.
2. This is anime-turned-live-action. In case you can't clue in to this, the movie contains over 20 mins of actual anime (cartoon) regarding the past history of Lucy Liu's character. He has gone further than anyone ever of turning the anime art form into live action -- complete with wonderfully choreographed over-the-top fights and lots of overly-spurting blood. If you like anime you will love this flick.
3. Splitting it was GREAT. He really takes time to focus on the intense emotions and passing seconds in scenes of high drama, such as pre-fight stalls, post-fight brutal killings, and moments of epiphany/realization. He pulls no punches and delivers wonderfully.

In short, I was much more impressed than I expected to be. While I hate Q.T. as a person -- for he is MUCH too arrogant (I'll cite you to reasons if you ask) and over-the-top -- I nevertheless give kudos to good filmmaking where I see it.

This movie is about righteous vengeance and stolid fair purpose. Uma's character, in killing one betrayer, shows great fairness and compassion. She tells the betrayer all the people she would have to kill to make things "square." But then, she only kills the betrayer -- not her whole family. Also, all the characters have CHARACTER, i.e. individual believable motiviations, etc. Even Bill says she deserves her revenge, and may have it.

A very good flick.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:55 AM   #10
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

<font color=gold>
Ok, now you made me itchy... gotta see the flick..... hooo-boy!
</font>