Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 06:47 PM   #1
SirGwayne

Don't really know what to expect played for about an hr,than had to come to "W--K".The game did run very smoothly and the graphics were GREAT! Some of the new spells looked good to! The music was also very good for you music buffs out there. When I first began the game starting at the final battle of Ice Wind Dale. I allready noticed the graphics were better!! same screen and same room but definately better! Resilution must have been turned up a notch. Only thing so far that kinda surprised me was it only has "one CD"? I thought it was going to be two?? Well I'm certain it's going to be fun just hope it lasts a little before ending.Hope everone can get thier copy's soon so all can enjoy! Best of luck to you all who are anxiously waiting!
Old 02-23-2001, 09:12 AM   #2
Larr2

I found the money ( a miracle ) and got the game late last night. I have only been able to start the game and make my first save. The game gave me the option of replaying IWD or just the expansion. I chose just the expansion. Then it asked if I wanted to import my chars. Well, I could not do that, because some of you may remember that I could never get to the shard room for a problem that I had with the game. (I could not go up the ladder). So, I asked for help, and someone sent me their saved game, in the shard room. Well, This new party is the one that HoW wants to grab and use. I do not want to use them, so I chose the option of using pre-generated chars(I had a few good options with that,) and I will just import the photos of my party, to make it feel right. (The biggest problem with that is that I will have to find a way to explain how my fighter dwarf took up clerical abilities).
Old 02-23-2001, 01:01 PM   #3
G.W.

Why don't you just load your saved game and export your characters?
Old 02-23-2001, 01:12 PM   #4
Larr2

The way I understood it, the expansion pulls from the saved game that you beat the IWD with. It made a special saved spot, and that spot is the one that holds the chars. that are not my own. My chars. have never beaten the game, because they still cannot climb the ladder into the shard room.
Old 02-23-2001, 01:27 PM   #5
rygar

myself I'll start the icewindale from the beginning
and go all the way through the expanision.
Old 02-23-2001, 02:28 PM   #6
Larr2

Good luck! Just remember that when you get to that closed door in Kuldahar, where the expansion begins, you wait until your at least ninth level before going through with it...so sayeth the instruction manual...
By the way, the Cover box says that we can reach 20th level, but he instruction manual repeats three times or more that 30th level is achievable if you play all the way through the whole game...So, does that mean I cannot reach 30th level if I only play the expansion??? (I feel a cheat code coming on...)
Remember the cheat code for the original IWD was set to 20th level, no???
Old 02-23-2001, 03:28 PM   #7
DeKaR

I was wondering...this obviously comes with a book..how big is that? Also...does this one come with a map like IWD and all those others?? Just wondering..hehe
Old 02-23-2001, 03:39 PM   #8
Lillie
Dungeon Master

I'm with rygar - I just finished BG2 last night, and I'm starting original IWD tonight!
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:58 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

DeKaR...
If I understood your question about a book, you are referring to the Help Guide??? Not seen one.
and as far as a map, no I do not have a map included in my package. I suppose that there is one installed in the game, though...
Did I answer the questions??
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 06:16 PM   #10
DeKaR

Yeah you explained it..thanks for responding.