Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2001, 12:49 AM   #1
hammer

I keep finding items with no attributes, like plain bracers, rings etc., and I wonder if there's an NPC in the game or a spell or something that will imbue these apparently useless items into objects of major death & destruction. Or is this just wishful thinking? Haven't had the patience to carry one of everything around all over the map, so if anyone can clue me in, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.
Old 01-26-2001, 06:54 PM   #2
SirGwayne

I believe it's just wishful thinking!
but feel free to lug it around anyway.I did through the first time I played it!
Old 01-28-2001, 04:29 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

probably just useless goods.... but then, there is that rotton cloth and stuff in the hand that just screams "enchant me".... i'd try talking to Dirty Lew or Nym with a cutie.. Nym can place enchantments on one item for sure... maybe others?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 12:54 AM   #4
Tobes
Welcomed New User

Hmmm...
I really would love to know as well.
What about the 'Ancient Armour' that just looks like it is in dire need of repair, and enchantment to boot!
(UK expression!).
Do these people really exist (Lew & Nym?); Re Leafy!. I must confess to taking only minimal notice of names, whilst trying to get through what seems more like a puzzle game (frustratingly without a 'town portal spell'), and 10 screens just to try and sell the booty puts me off track of what I should be doing- not least when you get irritating mushrooms attacking you because of such a lack of a spell.
(will that be 4th floor Sir...arrrrh)
Toby!
Tobes is offline   Reply With Quote