Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Might and Magic II question

In the game Might and Magic II, maps are divided up into squares - 16xa6. There are three squares in Dragon's Dominion that I cannot seem to enter - the three squares that are in the middle. I have mapped out every other space in that dungeon, and just wanted to see if anyone has been there. If you have been there, please let me know how to get there, I would love to find out what is behind the walls surrounding the spaces in question.
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Might and Magic II question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavindale View Post
In the game Might and Magic II, maps are divided up into squares - 16xa6. There are three squares in Dragon's Dominion that I cannot seem to enter - the three squares that are in the middle. I have mapped out every other space in that dungeon, and just wanted to see if anyone has been there. If you have been there, please let me know how to get there, I would love to find out what is behind the walls surrounding the spaces in question.
the first link says you can't enter those squares; Teleport and Etherealize won't work;

http://lparchive.org/Might-and-Magic-II/Update%2045/

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Shadow Stranger

Firstly there is the cluebook, such as it is, check out the MM2 link on this page:
http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/directory.html

At the FRUA forum I was able to decrypt a lot of the floor plans for the SSI Gold Box games, you might be able to do so here with MM2:
http://ua.reonis.com/index.php?board=8.0
Some help for the latter might come from:
http://rewiki.regengedanken.de/wiki/Category:Games

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 03-16-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Gavindale
The Magister

Another question for everyone... there are places (dungeons and such) in the game where the player increases stats by 5 points - if I up those stats and rest, do I maintain those stats? And if so, can I increase them, leave that dungeon, come back, and increase again?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
Shadow Stranger

Cluebook, p84, seems to suggest that it is permament but does not explicitly say that.
Additional increases, I have no idea whether that is possible.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Gavindale
The Magister

Yes, I also don't know if the stat increase found in various dungeons is permenant, but I found out two things -first, those places that increase stats, can only be used a finite amount. Sarkin's (sp?) mine has a way to reguvenate a character's age, but that too is only used a finite times before it's effects will no longer be available.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Gavindale
The Magister

I also heard that there are some drawbacks to leveling up to max (255), enhancing ones abilities to max (again, 255), raising someone AC, etc. Can anyone explain what the problem is with maxing out aspects of one's character?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Using a lazyman term. If you are familiar with hex editor. 255 = FF . FF is the highest a sum can go. After that it'll revert back to 01. So if your stat reached 255 already, if you add again the stat will go back to 1.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
Gavindale
The Magister

So say I have 255 in strength, and I wield a weapon that adds +1 to strength, my stat will revert to 01?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavindale View Post
So say I have 255 in strength, and I wield a weapon that adds +1 to strength, my stat will revert to 01?
yes, this is a known bug in some of the MM games. Which games I have forgotten, but you can find out by posting a question here... http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/mm6tavern.html .

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote