Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 12:47 AM   #41
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey Lavi, You have me and my gibbies at your side bro!

I had a friend die from heroin. The jerk who gave it to him, watched him overdose, then left him to die. The dude left town quickly, never to be seen here again. I am very angry to this day. Good luck with your friend.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:04 AM   #42
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Lav. I'm just surprised the law didn't unilaterally declare them all guilty of possession with intent to distribute, it would still be unfair, but it would be just.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:25 AM   #43
Mojo
Elminster

On the subject of revenge...I think that by far, the best way to do it is to get someone else, and an alibi.

And...on the note of getting the same punishment for a punch in the stomach as breaking all his ribs, I don't think that's true over here. Apart from the fact that a punch in the stomach is hard to prove (provided there's no internal bleeding or anything), I'm pretty sure that breaking bones is ABH or GBH. But don't quote me...

Also, if u do do anything, I'd advise deleting this thread, just in case.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:49 PM   #44
Lavindathar
Harper

Don't you guys worry about me.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #45
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Don't you guys worry about me.
But we do! this is why Ironworks (TM) is so special

All say aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #46
Lavindathar
Harper

Lol, I'll be fine mate!
Old 01-28-2003, 06:09 AM   #47
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
He also had the generals who plotted against him strangled with piano wire since obviously that was such a heinous crime which deserved such. [QB]
I thought piano wire was more of a Sicilian thing...
EDIT: Honestly, since you're in England, you won't have access to guns (if only this happened in Ireland) so a baseball bat or a standard hammer (taking a leaf from our Russian friends) should suffice. Cap him, then plant the drugs in the right spot. Also, make sure you don't get placed at the scene. Find out where he'll be, hit him, call, then, as they say, Get the Hell outta Dodge! Hit him with a wooden bat, and use clothes you don't care about, also, destroy everything they could use to implicate you.

[ 01-28-2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Oblivion437 ]
Old 01-28-2003, 04:14 PM   #48
Charlie
Lord Ao

I didn't read all this thread so apologies if I repeat something.

Justice in the UK and the US and in most of the world in my belief, doesn't necessarily have to be done....It just needs to be seen to be done.
The UK police used to have an "arrest rate" (dunno if it's true now but I expect so) that's why you'd have bill nicking everyone on a friday night, I know they nicked the guilty but they nicked a shed load of innocents as well. I can tell you some true horror stories concerning bill including some serious violence that they will never be bought to book for...it's impossible....same as wriggling out of some of their nickings.

One of my best mates was "fitted up proper" he got 19 years. He was (now reformed) a very hardened criminal, he freely admitted to me that he'd been a very naughty man in the past.
He wasn't guilty of the things he done his bird for this time but he took it chin on....no appeal. He was remorseful, he accepted his sentence. He was however this time (and I believe this). Properly fitted up.

How peculiar that 2 men in a car with none in possesion of narcotics can result in the arrest of a single individual with no forensics when narcotics are found. (It is however VERY BAD that drugs were found at all).

Even more peculiar that if 2 men share a prison cell and the above rules apply, it'll not get to court.

Odder still that my mate entered prison as clean (drugwise) as a whistle, served nearly 14 years as a category A "dispersal" prisoner. The hardest most violent form of UK prison a man can serve. He received absolutely no (mobile phones were bigger than housebricks when he went away, not to mention the way civillisation moves on in itself) rehabillitation whatsoever, other than his final 10 days left to his own devices when moved to Belmarsh.

The oddest twist of all....my mate was returned to the street a heroin addict.

Best wishes to your mate, I feel for him if he is completely innocent. You must make them prove your guilt....but sometimes it's bloody hard to prove your innocence.

Chin Up.

P.S. Did your mate go Crown or Mag'? If you get tried in the magistrates court you're being tried by the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker, I've been asked to prove my innocence in there. Always go Crown with the Old Bailey as well if poss', they've seen it, heard it all before. Unlike somewhere like Kingston or whatever.

P.P.S. Please don't think I'm a hardened criminal, I just grew up with a few.

Bird = Prison Time.
Bill = Police.
Nick = Prison.
Nicked/A Nicking = Arrest/Arrested.

[ 01-28-2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-28-2003, 04:53 PM   #49
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

While we're on the subject of the British justice system did you know we have no right to silence? If you decide to say nothing in your defence then the judge has a duty to tell the jury, and the magistrates have a duty to take into account, the fact that you said nothing. They are then legally bound to inform the jury, and bear in mind themselves, that it is most likely because you are guilty. If you remain silent then you will be presumed more likely to be guilty - that is legally and constitutionally part of the British justice system now.

I love my country...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 01-28-2003, 05:13 PM   #50
Charlie
Lord Ao

You have to love your country son, you don't however have to love the laws of your country.

Peculiarly enough, with all its massive flaws, I believe English law to be the best in the world. I would rather be tried by the British Judicial system over that of any other nation.....But I guess I would.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />