Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2001, 09:19 AM   #1
ebayles
Dungeon Master

Hello

I havent done much dropping of NPC's, but I hear if you drop them in the open, you may never get them back. I am in Chapter 4, and received the "quest" from Coran (SP?), and I want to do it for $ and experience. But my party of Me(Ranger), Minsc, Imoen, Branwen, Dyhaderia, and Xan would get pretty weak with him. So I figured I'd pick him up, do the quest, then get Xan back. But I;m afraid I'll lose him forever. I know there are more NPC's coming, so I figure I'd better understand this one now...any thoughts?

thanks
ebayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 09:59 AM   #2
Zbyszek

As far as I remember I always could find dropped NPC in the same place where I left them if it was "friendly" far-a-well (Montaron, Xzar, Garrick, Jaheira, Khalid and Kivain for 100%, I never bothered to go back to the Gnoll Keep where I left Xan ). Once I dropped Branwen when I had to high rep., she went angry and disappeared - I needed her so I just reloaded and I dont know if and where she would appear. I think that Montaron and Xzar were available even if were disappointed with you.
I preferred to set my party as early as possible and then I dropped Imoen only for a while to check guys statistics and have nice talk.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
In BG1 I didnt find quests really depending on your actual party (like BG2). If this quest is about wywerns head you can take guy in and immediately drop him. I got reward without him in my party.
Zbyszek
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 11:22 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Zbyszek gave good counsel.
To add my own comments, I never really liked changing people out.
Xan was the last NPC to join my party, and although I ran into many more people that seemed to be good, I already had everyone that I cared to have, and saw no reason to switch out.
The next time I decide to play through, I will take on a different party entirely

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 12:07 PM   #4
ebayles
Dungeon Master

I kind of feel the same way about not changing people. But I wanted this quest..I imagine it is good experience, and I feel like I'm a little weak to be in Chap. 4......so I thought I'd take it on and then go back and replace Corin with Xan...

Old 08-28-2001, 12:09 PM   #5
ebayles
Dungeon Master

I kind of feel the same way about not changing people. But I wanted this quest..I imagine it is good experience, and I feel like I'm a little weak to be in Chap. 4......so I thought I'd take it on and then go back and replace Corin with Xan...But I see what you are saying...maybe I just pik Xan back up right away..