Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

You have me more convinced (since its free) =)

However, I am not entirely clear how it differs to the following:

1) if i meet some people in real life and go multi-player in Neverwinter Nights... how is that CONCEPTUALLY different?

2) so in WoW and EQ2, can i meet new PC during a quest? I just dont like Guildwars Instancing ENTIRE quests so no one can interrupt you...

Avy

Yes in WOW you can meet other people while questing. For example, you could be in a big dungeon and about to be killed when a player cleric could happen to be around and heal you. You could team up and do the mission together, or both go on your way. There are also places that interest both horde and alliance, so you could run into one of them too.

For example, for an alliance quest I was sent to kill an evil orc warlock deep in horde teritory. I had to sneak around the guards at the border and go all the way there.

I'm on a non-pvp server, so I didn't turn my pvp on, but you can be sure if this had been a pvp server I would have had a few horde players trying to kill me.

For every area, there is a chat channel called "Local Defense". It's not uncommon to see people say something like "I spoted an orc near the tower. Anyone interested in hunting him down?".

Wow is one world. You can meet people anywyere at anytime.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #12
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
I read the PvP stuff, and that was really helpful!

However for normal quests, does that mean we all do the same quests (or have the same quests available to us)?

how does that work???? if we are on the same server how can we possible do the same quests without bumping into each other?
Every quest is available to every character. If you complete a quest, it doesn't mean it is gone forever. Other players can do that same quest.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
quote:
I read the PvP stuff, and that was really helpful!

However for normal quests, does that mean we all do the same quests (or have the same quests available to us)?

how does that work???? if we are on the same server how can we possible do the same quests without bumping into each other?
Every quest is available to every character. If you complete a quest, it doesn't mean it is gone forever. Other players can do that same quest. [/QUOTE]But you will bump into each other at some point.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote