Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

View Poll Results: Will you donate your organs when you die?
Yes 25 73.53%
No 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2003, 01:21 PM   #21
B_part
Quintesson

I am an organ donor, but I strongly hope I'll never need to donate
Old 10-31-2003, 02:17 PM   #22
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I'd donate everything, except my eyes. I just have a thing about my eyes... I'm really attached to them, and the thought of somebody taking them out of my head freaks me out. Even when I'd be dead. Sorry. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm seriously afraid of needles too, and get dizzy just by getting my blood checked. But I still went to donate blood a few years ago. Though they told me I couldn't because I have an allergy, and because I was on medicine. (It was a relief though. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 10-31-2003, 03:49 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Maelakin:
Hmm, It would not allow me to answer number 2. None of the listed pertains to me and there is not an option to reflect that.
Oh, you're right! Damn! I actually had to go back and edit one of the other questions because I didn't have a n/a option. Well just put anything then . I'd still be interested in your views [img]smile.gif[/img]

Spelca, actually I feel the same way! The idea of my eyes being removed and used really freaks me out in a totally irrational way. They seem so much more personal than my liver or pancreas or something.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:08 PM   #24
Boutte
The Magister

They won't take blood because my temperature is slightly above normal. I've tried 4 or 5 times and it's always the same thing. They can take my organs but I absolutely would not want to donate my body for medical school use.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:12 PM   #25
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

OK, this last one worries me? They won't take your blood because your body temperature is above normal? I'm 35.1 deg Celsius, will they take mine?
Old 10-31-2003, 04:19 PM   #26
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I don't give blood because I'm afraid of needles. If a nurse wants to take blood from me I always warn her to get help. Weird fear, but at least I've only one big one.

As for my parts when I'm dead, please burn me. No, don't take anything. It's not that I don't feel sorry for those who need them -- nor will I have any use for them. However, medicine's simply gotten too good, and we still reproduce like bunnies, so I shall harden my heart against individual beneficiaries so that I can avoid contributing to the larger problem of overpopulation. Believe me, I'd rather be an organ donor, but there are simply too many of us, and I can't justify it to myself.
This is exactly how I feel, even the bit about giving blood (which sucks because I have to have blood tests every year now).
Old 10-31-2003, 04:29 PM   #27
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Boutte:
They won't take blood because my temperature is slightly above normal. I've tried 4 or 5 times and it's always the same thing. They can take my organs but I absolutely would not want to donate my body for medical school use.
Well have they even analyzed your blood? A heightened temperature doesn't have to mean anything. But it could be that you have a slightly higher degree of interferons in your blood or a slightly different pH (absolutely NOTHING to worry about) but if people not accustomed to your level would get your blood they might have a reaction. Also I take it you haven't had an infection all 4 or 5 times?

Bozos, the "regulations" are different in every country. You will just have to go down and ask. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 05:05 PM   #28
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I must say that it would suck to sign organ donor card only to end up a cadaver on a slab in med school.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:09 PM   #29
Chewbacca
Zartan

I've given a few pianos, but never any organs....
Old 10-31-2003, 06:19 PM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
I've given a few pianos, but never any organs....
[img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img]

Actually I don't think I can give blood because I don't weigh enough.

And I agree with not wanting to give your body to science. I remember a couple of years ago we were studying brains and we had these heads-in-brine (or something lol ). The head was cut in half, down the nose, and you could still see exactly what the guy looked like; he still had his eyelashes intact and everything. And I admit, we laughed a bit