Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2003, 06:31 PM   #1
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Just wondering if anyone else's heard or got the new 2Pac album, Better Dayz. The songs were previously unreleased but of course available on bootleg. They've all been remixed and the result is a brilliant album from a man who's been dead over 6 years!
So anyone else with good taste on this forum? I want to find out whether this forum is completely musically devoid or are there other 2Pac listeners out there?

hey even my 50 year-old dad likes some of the songs [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-11-2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-11-2003, 06:33 PM   #2
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

2pac ain't deceased, he's on a tropical island cashing in on all the sales he's had due to publicity caused by his 'death'.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:37 PM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
2pac ain't deceased, he's on a tropical island cashing in on all the sales he's had due to publicity caused by his 'death'.
Hehe that's one theory. Could be true but then why hasn't he come up with any new songs? Some people might say that "oh but he's had several new albums since his death". But then I say that I've heard all the lyrics in the "new" songs before, they have just been remixed. I admit there are some of his lyrics which are spookily prophetic such as saying "rest in peace" to Biggie who died after him, but he was probably just messing around.
Anyway, you heard the new album?
Old 01-11-2003, 06:39 PM   #4
Horatio

Yeah, I heard a bit of it. Surprisingly, I liked it, and I don't usually like ANY of 2pac's songs. I wouldn't buy it, though.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:44 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Yeah, I heard a bit of it. Surprisingly, I liked it, and I don't usually like ANY of 2pac's songs. I wouldn't buy it, though.
Why wouldn't you normally like any of his songs? I admit I'm biassed towards rap but I'm still generally critical and the vast majority of his tracks kick ass. The lyrics make sense, tell a story, flow well with the beat and the backgrounds and beats themselves are usually top notch. The only reason I can see people not liking his tracks is if they want singing and not rapping or if they like more instrumental music.

I bet if I selected the 10 2Pac songs that I think are the best you'd like all of them.

[ 01-11-2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 01-11-2003, 08:20 PM   #6
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I'm not a big rap fan, but I do play it on occasion. One of my friends is a HUGE fan, and has all his albums. He plays him in my car all the time.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:27 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
I'm not a big rap fan, but I do play it on occasion. One of my friends is a HUGE fan, and has all his albums. He plays him in my car all the time.
yeah I've got all his albums too All 11 of them (5 of them double albums!)
Old 01-12-2003, 04:20 AM   #8
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:
Why wouldn't you normally like any of his songs? I admit I'm biassed towards rap but I'm still generally critical and the vast majority of his tracks kick ass. The lyrics make sense, tell a story, flow well with the beat and the backgrounds and beats themselves are usually top notch. The only reason I can see people not liking his tracks is if they want singing and not rapping or if they like more instrumental music.

I bet if I selected the 10 2Pac songs that I think are the best you'd like all of them.
[/QUOTE]Don't get me worng, I'm a big fan of Rap and RnB, but some of 2pac's song just didn't grab me. Yeah, I admit, some are good, but I guess it's just my preference. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 08:01 AM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:

Don't get me worng, I'm a big fan of Rap and RnB, but some of 2pac's song just didn't grab me. Yeah, I admit, some are good, but I guess it's just my preference. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Fair enough, at least you're not one of those people who are like "uh yeah rap is crap cos uh it's not really uh music is it, duh". Those people are just dumb-asses.
Anyway, I've been listening to rap since I was 13 (started with N.W.A.'s songs - pretty controversial at the time hehe ) and out of all the rappers I found that 2Pac's rap seemed to flow the best and IMO he's the best lyricist of all time. A lot of people agree with me, but I guess that's again a question of opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 01-12-2003, 08:09 AM   #10
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
started with N.W.A.'s songs - pretty controversial at the time hehe
And we're born n' raised in COMPTON!