Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-06-2001, 12:04 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

honestly, between 1 to 10, consider background. Thanks, I am trying to have some improvement here, any critisim or praise, even suggestion is appreciated

Scimitar of Forest Protector:
Description:

"HOW DARE YOU!!!" A high piching voice viberates through the usually peaceful forest, there is nothing sounds more terrible short of a screaming banshee. "YOU HUMAN BASTARDS!!!" Up coming Larry the half elf druid. He storms around the court yard noisely in front of his carbine, shouting and throwing curses:" how dare you! how dare you cut the damn freaking trees while I wasn't looking!" Up on the trees, birds are singing merrily, which irritates the hell out of Larry. "SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!! YOU DUMB BIRDIES!! SHUT THE HELLA UP!!" Larry jumps up and down on his feet, waving his fist threatenly. Ignoring the mad man, the birds continue to sing their merry songs.

"EAT THIS!" Larry pulls out his scimitar and throws it towards the tree brunches, the songs abruptly come to a halt and the birds alarmingly fly away. The scimitar carve a redish curve in the air knocking down a few leaves then land on the floor harmlessly.

Annoyingly, Larry spits on the ground, and kicks up a portion of dirt "Oh yeah, you run like a bitch!" Then he picks up his scimitar:"This really angers me! how dare those dimwitted human bastards treat my dear forest like this! how dare they condamn the natual!" Suddenly a reflection of scimitar's blade caught his attention, his eyes flash a dangerous light:" yes, yes... you cut trees... I WILL CUT YOU!!!" His face twisted with madness.

With a terrible hawl, he cried out a magical word and shifted into a monsterous looking wolf. (This has always been Larry's favor, because the strong muscle of the dire wolf make up his weak physical appearance, though he would never admit it.) The monsterous wolf charges right into the bushes, knocking out some of the smaller plants, and he storms over them without slowing a bit. The little rabbits, knowing their protector Larry is in a foul mood again, scatter in terror and run into all different directions. One young deer hasn't learnt his life lesson yet, standing curiously in Larry's charging path. The deer's mom cried in horror, and run to rescue her innocent child. Only to arrive on time for both of them to be smacked by Larry's deadly claw, both lifeless forms are sent flying over. Without looking back, Larry muttered a curse:"Dumb ho, this will teach you to know better than to stand in my way next time when I am trying to do the justice deed!"

Several mins later, Larry arrive at the village. He comes to a halt, and crouches in the bushes cautiously, and studys his enemies. In the open area, children are playing, women are chattering and men are sitting together trading their jokes. sometimes a laughter burst out among the men, some kids'd stop their gaming and regard their fathers with interesting expressions... all those have proved to be too mcuh for Larry, his eyes shooting fire, face burned by anger and hatred. he tenses his claws, ready to leap out and tear apart the men, then

BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

All the men jump on their feet, children stop their games, some women scream in surprise and some run to protect their children. And then, they witness a black mankind form hits the ground hard, and then the mankind bits the dust and rock all together, a scimitar flys out several feet...

Chocking and spitting violently, Larry drags himself up, and scratches his head embarrasingly:" damn... didn't expect to run out duration so fast."

Then he notices everyone is looking at him, he thinks he is supposed to say something... ---an uncomfortable silence--- "ohhh, hello there!" Larry puts up the fakest smile one lived on Faerun could ever see. "I am...err... a merchant... yes, err, a merchant.." he glimpse a little girl is trying to pick up his scimitar, and he yells:" hey! you bi... err... you! DON'T TOCUH IT!" a big brute man pushes Larry violently, and Larry was dumped to the ground once more. "Go easy on him, Bob" someone yelles, and other men laugh. Bob steps a foot on Larry's chest and says "stranger, me not caring ye stinky name, but me knows ye better not touch me daughter, or" he waves his huge fist threatenly.

and the story goes on...

Stats:
Type: scimitar
Dmg type: 1d8 + 2
Thac0 bonus: + 2
Special:
User's int lowers by 2 once wearing it.
Shapshifting into Greater Dire Wolf once per day. It lasts two turns, and when in Greater Dire Wolf form, the wear's strength is set to 19, he also gains +2 cons, +2 dex and +2 movement.

The Greater Dire wolf also has the following ability:

Tearing Claw: This is the wolf natual weapon, it does 3d6 dmg plus the strenght dmg modifer, and it is considered as +3 weapon when determine to hit.

Greater Dire Wolf is immune to any kind of holding spell. He also gains 20% magic resistence in additional to what user already has.

Userable by:
Druid only, single/dual

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 12:12 AM   #2
JJ/newbie

I guess I've seen stranger items in the game already, why not?

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-06-2001, 12:29 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ/newbie:
I guess I've seen stranger items in the game already, why not?

please give your comments, what do you think about the story, this is my first time trying to make some not-so-serious background, i know i am not good at it, any suggestion would be helpful