Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-11-2001, 03:50 AM   #1
joetbd
Manshoon

I am nearing the end of TOB, but I have not played the Watchers Keep, yet. I was/am saving that for the end. Does the game end, when you beat the boss, at the end of the TOB story? If so, I need to do the Watchers Keep now.

Like in SOA, if you finished the game, you could not go back and finish the remaining quests. It was just over. Do I need to do the Watchers Keep, before finishing the main TOB story line?
joetbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 05:59 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I'm not sure but I think Watcher's Keep is optional. In other words once you defeat the Big Bad Guy at the end, it's over...

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #3
Graccus
Dungeon Master

Yep, it ends. You really should take a break and do the keep. It's a good dungeon, and it has alot of goodies...

------------------
Windows Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
Graccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 05:00 PM   #4
Anubis
Dungeon Master

The Keep has a lot of goodies, experiance points and lots of bad guys to warm you up for the End!

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 05:54 PM   #5
joetbd
Manshoon

With 4 of the Bhaal Spawn, in the bag, and being 27th level, I dont think I have much need for warming up, before the end.

I think I will start another game, later, to do the Keep.
joetbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:09 PM   #6
Anubis
Dungeon Master

Trust me that last battle in the end will cause you to do a lot of reloads. haha

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:15 PM   #7
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by joetbd:
With 4 of the Bhaal Spawn, in the bag, and being 27th level, I dont think I have much need for warming up, before the end.

I think I will start another game, later, to do the Keep.
Er have you every hear of a FALLEN SOLAR? That thing will kill your puny 27th level ass back to candlekeep. Not to mention the dozens of slayer shadows that come at you.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>
BlackAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 02:43 AM   #8
Worm
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackAssassin:
Er have you every hear of a FALLEN SOLAR? That thing will kill your puny 27th level ass back to candlekeep. Not to mention the dozens of slayer shadows that come at you.
Gah I thought we already had the talk about spoilers I've already by no ones fault but my own figured out who the final final boss is but now i'm fighting solar? She seemed so nice and kind damn you! *SOB*

------------------
Worm, About as interesting as traveling with an angery cambion.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 07:04 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

worm, the solar is more of a teacher, he said Fallen Solar. theres a diff, and if the solar was the boss i think it would be a pretty much impossible game (considering that youd hafta fight 2 solars in a row!). well, i had a lvl 25 (multis) through 32 (pures) lvl party, and i got the crap kicked outta me by the fallen solar so much that i finally had to resort to minor cheese tactics. and if i couldnt do it, then you surely wont be able to. go back and do watchers keep, itll save you lots of frustration in the end.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote