Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-02-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
Nazgūl
Manshoon

can someone give me a detalied description of the PnP system, what you need to play etc.
Old 07-02-2001, 03:57 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazgūl:
can someone give me a detalied description of the PnP system, what you need to play etc.
The AD&D 2nd edition? What information are you looking for (the information is too vast to recite it all; please clarify)?

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 07-02-2001, 04:19 PM   #3
Marcus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I'd say for a minimum you'd want a Players Handbook, a Dungeon Masters Guide, a Monstrous Compendium (or whatever they call it now), and a full set of dice (d20, d12, d10, d8, d6, d4).
As for a detailed description of the system, that's impossible in this short a space....
Old 07-03-2001, 12:54 AM   #4
Sagath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dont forget to add 5 or 6 close friends, preferably ones who have showered in the last month

And one really, really, REALLY good story teller.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:09 AM   #5
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

go to http://tower.onego.ru/text.html and get some of the files and have a good read. See ya next year, lol.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>

[This message has been edited by BlackAssassin (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-03-2001, 03:19 AM   #6
TheDutkanator

When you play this game, it's important that you REALLY get into your role. If you are playing a thief, for example, you should pretend you *are* the thief.
A quick question as an example:
You are a thief. You and your buddies have entered the lair of a dragon. you know the dragon to be just around the corner. What do you do?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you said hide and try a backstab, that's decent. But to be a true thief, You'd want to hide and sneak past the dragon to find his treasure. Pocket the more valuable items (magics, expensive gems, etc.), THEN return to the battle (if you really feel like it). At that time, the best thing for you to do is wait until the dragon is SERIOUSLY injured (near death) and THEN try the backstab. Hey, why not JUST get the killing blow. No need to risk your neck, right?

P.S. Can you tell I've played many thieves before? The mage/thief is my favorite.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 07-03-2001, 07:22 AM   #7
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

actually I thought the correct answer was to wait till everyone was half dead, backstab all your mates and steal their treasure. Alternatively, run away and mug a kobold instead.
Old 07-03-2001, 10:36 AM   #8
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Depends what alignment thief you are. PnP depends very much on whether you have a good group of friends who are all willing to play in the spirit of the game. There are a lot of materials available for D and D, it just depends how detailed you want to get.

------------------
WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Draggor (edited 07-03-2001).]
Old 07-04-2001, 08:47 AM   #9
Nazgūl
Manshoon

thanks for the help. now if you will exquse me im going to get more friends.