Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

A provision in the German welfare system is forcing out-of-work women to choose between taking jobs in the sex industry or losing their unemployment benefits.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=42615

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

It's not criminal, acording to their laws..

Great idea, you'll note that it's only after a year they have to take any job they are offered, or risk losing benifits.

Now if somone's been out of work for a year, they are probably not looking hard enough, or they are too focused on one area, or are excluding too much..

It forces them to get looking for job's they'd rather do.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

The problem with 'that' job is the chance of becomming ill, or even dead. It's a poor choice legal or not.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

*Blinks*

The establishments have to follow some pretty tight guidelines or lose their licenses.

Illness, with proper precautions the risk is no higher than nursing.

Death? More likley to be run over on the way to work.

It's not like they are asking these women to start street walking, but they are required to find employment, and after a year they have to take work they are qualifyed for or risk losing their benifits..
Old 01-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
*Blinks*

The establishments have to follow some pretty tight guidelines or lose their licenses.

Illness, with proper precautions the risk is no higher than nursing.

Death? More likley to be run over on the way to work.

It's not like they are asking these women to start street walking, but they are required to find employment, and after a year they have to take work they are qualifyed for or risk losing their benifits..
Someone who is not fully commited to having sex for whatever reason should not be forced to, full stop.

Waiting a table and having sex with a man is hardly the same thing. Even if the government may view it as such.
-----------------------------------
So if a person is geniunely unable to find work elsewhere then they have to consider prostitution, or lose their unemployment benifits...

I think thats wrong.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:45 PM   #6
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Yeah, them germans DON'T have it right; they should be like us and allow women to sit around and pop a kid out every nine months; and then have the taxpayers pay for it, and put the fathers in jail (for when you go to jail; then you CANNOT pay child support OR have a job). Follow our example, for WE are the ENLIGHTENED society.

Well, it also might just cause a trend in german women eating LOTS of food in effect trying to make themselves HUGE and UN-qualified for that kind of work.

SilentThief
PS, I don't have the answers for what they (or we) should do, but I do recognize some of the problems...
Old 01-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #7
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

So if a person is geniunely unable to find work elsewhere then they have to consider prostitution, or lose their unemployment benifits...

I think thats wrong.
It's the timescale involved, 12 months before they have to take a job or risk losing the benifits, a whole year in which they can look for a job..

Yes there's a diffrence between waiting tables and *ahem*, but still it's not like they don't have a choice..

A year is more than enough time to find a job.

[ 01-30-2005, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Q'alooaith ]
Old 01-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

And I wonder, if they do the same for men.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #9
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I'm sure that the Germans will pass some sort of Law against this if it becomes a serious issue.

That said, surely there is some clause in the law for a freedom of religion exemption...I'm sure in the US that THAT could be used.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:20 AM   #10
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Well sure it frightens women into looking for a job, but i think it's going about it the wrong way. The government may not view this as a crime, but it deffinatly shouldn't be endorsed.
But hey, they don't *have* to follow this path, but i do understand that in some cases there may be no alternative... stupid government, but really some people need to get off their arses and get an f ing job, it's not like they even look, they consume tax payer money and sit at home.
Basically i mean neither the government nor the bludgers are in the right.

Earth needs social restructuring.
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote