Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2002, 09:29 PM   #1
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Most men I know feelings towards cloths shopping range from a dislike to hate. While women enjoy it.
The males only do it if they need something but females seem to pass time with it, often hours and buying very little in that time.
Now having FAR too much time on my hands I noticed that this seems to because of the range of products available, men have 4 collar styles and 3 arm styles which makes up there tops while women have these same one but the ranges of tops includes items like backless.
The same can be said for trousers, long shorts, short shorts, full leg for men and these plus half shin length and skirts (To many to list) for women.
This pattern can be seen is in all clothing ranges and has led me to form this ideal.
If men had a greater range they would enjoy shopping more. When children they notice the small range and keeping the same kinds over and over, they lose interest due to this lack of choice and come to see it a choir, leading them as children to complain. This cause the parents to only take them when they really need something. Women see the greater range and beginning to enjoy the power of choice and grow up to find it fun as then children they are taken more due to their lack of complaints.
Now if range of cloths were wider for boy they would enjoy shopping more as adults but as adult males are used to the limited range they see any person outside the range as odd (such as men in skirts) and therefore they do not see the need to expand the range, caused the next generation to fall into the same pattern.

Anyone agree, disagree?
I know it doesn't seem like a topic to discuss but I wanted to get this ideal out there, and well it was either this or attempt to chat about the third series of Digmon or how Dylon Hunts crappy show named for it ship sucks ever scince the got rid of the funky bag pipes at the start.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:36 PM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I kind of agree, only because i do know a few guys who like to shop
Old 07-29-2002, 09:37 PM   #3
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

I'm a guy and i like to shop even though i dont have skirts that are made for me. Hmmm... anyone here wear kilts?
Old 07-29-2002, 09:39 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I don't mind a lack of choices. If I had a hundred choices it'd make shopping even MORE of a chore for me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2002, 09:46 PM   #5
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I don't mind a lack of choices. If I had a hundred choices it'd make shopping even MORE of a chore for me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ah that because you got'en used to the lack of choice, if you had more choice to begin with you enjoy it more now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
I'm a guy and i like to shop even though i dont have skirts that are made for me. Hmmm... anyone here wear kilts?
Kilts are kilts but I'm talking full length evening growns.

[ 07-29-2002, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Gabriel ]
Old 07-29-2002, 09:58 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I hate shopping myself. If I need something I power my way through a mall and get it as quick as possible so I can get out of there LOL. Where I live there are TONS of boys and mens clothing stores, no shortage AT ALL. What there IS a shortage of, is clothes that fit me, clothes for people who are short and slim (5 feet tall 98 pounds). Used to be different ten years ago, there were many stores I could go to that had clothes that fit me, but all of them LOL, has gone out of business. Because of that, I walk around mostly swimming in my clothing cause it's a bit too big. Guess it depends on where you live what clothing choices you have. I think most places go by what they interpret as the "norm" demand-wise in an area and focus on that, what sells the most, what will make them the most money...

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-29-2002, 10:20 PM   #7
Deathcow
Elminster

What are all these "choices" you're talking about? There are...shirts...and...pants. Shopping doesn't bother me, it takes about ten minutes every few months.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:23 PM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I honestly don't know... they zip into the stores and out... so I can't tell you.
As for my brothers... if something catches their eye, they'll ... linger...
Old 07-29-2002, 10:53 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hey good theory! Considering say window shopping. Most women like to go look at clothes, even if they aren't buying stuff. Most men wouldn't though. And most women enjoy looking in catalogues or magazines at clothes, again men don't generally. Maybe it is because there's so much more to choose from with women whereas men are just looking at pants and shirts. Like for instance, when women go to a formal event, it's a huge deal getting a dress and shoes and getting your hair done and all. Men get a suit and brush their short hairdo. A lot less involved so probably less interesting. Same with shoes! I love shoes, shopping for them or looking at catalogues. Because they're so much fun, with colours and styles and heels and no heels and so on. Men get to wear about four different shoe styles and that's it.

Actually one thing I think is really dumb, is that all men get to wear to formal or semi-formal events is a suit - so boring and with no way to express your individuality except with your tie, but also really impractical when it's hot. But it's not acceptable for them to wear a short sleeved shirt or pants while women can wear teeny little dresses.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:53 AM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Ah that because you got'en used to the lack of choice, if you had more choice to begin with you enjoy it more now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Doubtful [img]tongue.gif[/img] I just don't care about choice [img]tongue.gif[/img] As long as it's a colour that I like and comfy to wear I'll choose it [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh, and doesn't cost a small fortune [img]tongue.gif[/img]