Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #1
the_Avatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do I get the idol...I can't get in that side of the bluff...I used the catapult to get inside to get the trang arm, did the lower bluff and got ebon gem and all....I cant get in the main chamber to the area with 3 doors & pulse pick either...can anyone help?
Old 03-08-2002, 04:30 PM   #2
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by the_Avatar:
How do I get the idol...I can't get in that side of the bluff...I used the catapult to get inside to get the trang arm, did the lower bluff and got ebon gem and all....I cant get in the main chamber to the area with 3 doors & pulse pick either...can anyone help?

There is a section of Martin's Bluff that you need to come at by going through the mines (enter from NE of swamp). If you have not been there yet -- be prepared to have continuous attacks from swarms of bugs.

If you have not done that -- then you need to. That is where you can pick up RFS (a decent monk/fighter).

(spoiler below)

Once you enter lower Martin's from the mine shafts, there is a stairway that goes up into the eastern part of the upper Martin's. Someplace in there is a switch. Almost always, when you see a switch -- toss it, even if you cannot immediately see what it does.

Once you have done that, you can make your way to the other side again and the doors to the idol will have opened.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:21 PM   #3
the_Avatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I threw the switch yet still can no find idol...it did however open a section in the back where I was able to find a new lute for my bard that casts magic screen pwr 5....any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2002, 07:44 PM   #4
bandaddy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The first time around I missed it for a while - it is in one of the corcers of the outer scatle ramparts. If you look really closely while you are tramping about after going over the catapult, there are four corners, in one of them is the small stairwell that leads up to where you'd ambush someone with arrows and such (if, indeed, you owned a castle)

You should find it there. I believe there is a little ateroom where there is a table and some bookcases, its just off from there. I had a hard time seeing the stair as its the same color rock.

-=-B
bandaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 08:11 PM   #5
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Here's the easy description. Stand outside the glass door outside the elevator room that's looking down into the Reddish courtyard. Directly ahead of you should be a doorway into a room. Make an immediate left and you should see a ramp going upstairs.

The room where you found the Mandolin of the Magus is on the opposite side of the idol room... you can always go back to that room, down the ramp to the main room, up the ramp on the other side.

If it is not there, then you didn't throw both switches in the haunted building next to the fort. There should have been one switch to activate the pit (where you find the hinged pot) and one switch that didn't seem to do anything.