Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 08:15 PM   #1
Moni

First off, I would like to extend a warm "WELCOME!" [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
to all the new members who have come here to IW for what is to become the best Wizardry Forum anywhere! (These forums can't help but be the best )

Since some of us (*cough* *cough*) old-timers don't know everyone here, as neither do you newer members, let's use this thread to introduce ourselves!

Ages, where we live, what we do, whatever you want to tell LOL...also, let's (if we may oh mighty moderators) use this thread to show off the sigs we are always clicking off in game related threads.

My name is Monique, you can call me Moni (although no one else does lol) and I am 39...hanging on by the skin of my teeth for another couple of months when I'll fall into 40 haha.
I reside in Texas USA with my best friend in the whole wide world, Rex (not the Hogar LOL...you all will know him as KHaN), and I spend what time I am away from Ironworks going to college to earn a degree to teach elementary aged kids ages 5-9...I figure if I can reach out to kids while they are still little and scarable, they won't try to beat me up when they turn twelve and thirteen and get taller than me.

When I am not at school or on IW, I am sleeping or taking care of a house, it's resident grandpa, a gypsy band of cats (11 of them) and three dogs. You can see them all (but one cat...he's secret lol...no j/k, I haven't updated my page since we got him back) through the link in my sig.
If the pictures don't all load, try refresh, or reload, they're all there

I do get out on weekends.

I like and prefer the first person CRPG's and Wizardry has always been my fav. I look forward to beating the game and am absolutely loving the constant challenges it poses and the surprises along the way.

Happy Adventuring! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2001, 09:31 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Very good thread, Moni!

Ok, here goes: I'm "Sazerac", one of the mods here at Wiz 8 (and elsewhere on IW; you'll find me in several different locations, including General Discussions). I'm 38 years old, married for almost 5 years, and am an instructor in computer networking and web design (Windows 2000, Novell NetWare, and CIW certification) and plan to teach Cisco certification as soon as the school I work for offers it.

I live in Denton, Texas, just north of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. We're close enough to be able to have fun, and far enough out of the fracas of all the traffic and congestion. Denton's a great place, kind of like a neo-California atmosphere, because we have a huge art, drama, and music school here (University of North Texas; their jazz program is world-reknowned), so we get a LOT of young hippies here in Denton.

I've been playing computer games since I got my first one back in 1981. Wizardry I [img]tongue.gif[/img] GOTMO was my first game, and I played the heck out of it. I've played many games since then, but the Wizardry series keep pulling me back. Even if this is the last of the line, it's well worth it.

Anyway, I guess folk like Moni and Wyvern and I break the stereotypical mold of the "adolescent gaming geek." We just think we're going on 16, that's all.

Next!

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-26-2001, 11:22 PM   #3
Aeolian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

I'm 31; also going on 16. I've been playing computer games since pong on my neighbour's atari. my first rpgs were probably wiz 1 & 2 and ultima 1-4; after which i had to stop when i was sent to boarding school. these days, i play mostly fps and turned-based tactical games, e.g., fallout, jagged alliance. apart from the original diablo, i've never really warmed up to these rpg-action hybrids. i'm still eagerly and impatiently awaiting wiz8's release.

i live in singapore and i'm a financial analyst. when i'm not keeping my s.o. amused or playing pc games, i'd be at the driving range working on my golf swing or spending time with family and friends.

thx for the warm welcome. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 11:40 PM   #4
analander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

John Hubbard, 28, librarian in Milwaukee WI (previously Philadelphia PA, Portland OR, Saint Paul MN, Basking Ridge NJ, Wichita KS and Atlanta GA). 1 spouse, 1 cat, 1 dog. First family computer was an Apple ][+ that came with Apple Writer and a little game my dad got the salesman to throw in called Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. Discovered Ironworks while playing Wizards and Warriors. I run a fansite at http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/ and am an ODP editor including for the Wizardry 8 category. You'll also find me around Rick Rice's Greatest RPG Fans Forum.

- John
Old 11-27-2001, 02:37 AM   #5
Keryvian
The Magister

I’m Jennifer, aka Keryvian. I’m 42 – the oldest so far. We really don’t fit the stereotype, do we? Not only are we not all 16 (at least, not chronologically), we’re not even all boys! I live in Louisville, Colorado (in the U.S.), which is between Denver and Boulder.

Like Saz, my first CRPG was Wizardry I. I played it on my original Mac (as in 128K of memory and no hard drive). I’ve probably played most of the CRPGs that have come out since. What can I say – I’m an addict.

Usually I’m a software test engineer, but I’m currently unemployed. I should be spending my time looking for a job and taking care of the house, but mostly I’m playing Wizardry 8, petting the cats (I only have three) and watching hockey (the joys of satellite tv).
Old 11-27-2001, 04:32 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Aw Princess, you know this stuff already [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

For the record :

Name is David, or Davros, or Sultan Davr (if you are a harem member like Moni is ). Age is 38 years, which means that it is unlikely in the extreme that I will ever catch up to a certain princess .

I live in Western Australia, and am a Chemical Engineer. I work for a certain American multi-national company that makes Alumina and Aluminium (or you can spell this without the silent "i", which is the way the Americans pronouce it - Aluminum).

I am single, I play lot's of golf, and love taking holidays in Scotland and Ireland. I have played all the British Open rota courses, and Turnberry is my favouite. I read a lot, and play games (when I come across good 1st person RPG's). I haven't played any Wizardry yet (except the demo), because they still haven't realeased the #@#*! game in my country yet.

Have fun everyone [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 06:59 AM   #7
Chaosopher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Interesting thread. I figured I'd be one of the 'older' players and it turns out, on this thread at least, I'm a "youngin".

My name is Kurt and I'm currently living in the USA. I'm 32 years old and my first CRPGs were Bard's Tale and Wiz1. (I love the Wizardry, Ultima and Might and Magic series but let's not talk about U9 ok?).

I have an electrical engineering degree and of course that means I'm doing computer development for telcos.

When I'm not playing CRPGs, I'm either watching Hockey, fencing, or programming crypto for fun.

I feel like I should be saying my astrological sign and talking about how much I enjoy long walks on the beach or something.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:17 AM   #8
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Hi Everyone, well I guess I can now take over being the oldest on this thread. Yes, I'm 52, but absolutely love rpg games. Maybe it's a way to escape into the fantasy world, who knows. Anyway, I'm Lady Avalon and live in Nashville, Tennesee with my significant other (best friend, business partner and everything rolled into one), and my 16 year old son. I found this board when I was playing W&W and have met so many wonderful people here. My partner and I are self-employed, own a residential cleaning service called: Magic Genies Cleaning Service, just the two of us, no other employees. We take on as much work as we think we can handle and really don't overload ourselves. There is always something to do around our new house (well actually, it's 2 years old). I love to read, in fact am reading "The Fellowship of the Ring." I wish there were more hours in the day to play computer games. We are definitely cat lovers. We have two cats, Merlin and Skittles. Merlin is a 3 year old Siamese, full of vim and vigor and Skittles, who is about 12 or 13 years old, very laid back. I have never played any of the previous Wiz games, but tried the demo and absolutely fell in love with this game.

It's really nice to meet all the newcomers to this board. WELCOME!!!
Old 11-27-2001, 09:44 AM   #9
lgl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Boy, I thought my wife was always right in telling me I'm too old for video games! Well I guess I'm not 'cause I'm in good company. My name is Greg and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'm 31, I've been married for 3 years, have a cat, I've been playing video games since the Coleco Vision craze in the 80's, and I am currently an HR Manager in a mid sized software development firm. I got hooked on RPG's when Might & Magic came out for the Commodore 64 and I've been "wasting" my time ever since - according to my wife

Happy gaming
Old 11-27-2001, 10:18 AM   #10
Case00
Manshoon

Damn, I'm the youngest one so far at 26. Well, my name is Casey Worthington. I live on Miami Beach and work as a network administrator and part time clothes model. The first Crpg I ever played was on my next door neighbor's Apple II+. If I remember it was called Questron and I thought it was the coolest thing. Then my family stunted my growth by getting the first Mactintosh computer released. Wizardry 1 was eventually released for it, and it's all history from there.
No cats, but I do have a lizard named Grendel.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread