Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 03-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #1
Too Hot
Dungeon Master

I am in the middle of reading the Da Vinci Code and was wondering if any1 else has read it and there thoughts on it
Old 03-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I would change the name of your topic, and no I haven't read it, I couldn't get into it.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

If you really want to read about the illuminati and the knights templar, try reading the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea.

The Da Vinci Code is good, though. If you haven't already, when you finish it, read Angels and Demons

-manikus
Old 03-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yeah, I liked Angels and Demons much more than the Da Vinci Code (though I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code as well). Except when it got really silly at the end (well, more silly than the rest of it ). Actually all his books I've read end farcically. Fun, but ridiculous. I suppose when your plot is so outrageous and you have these characters with no training or anything doing all these unbelievable things, it can only end in a silly way. Like, at least someone like Jason Bourne has expertise and training and so the stuff he gets up to can be somewhat explained by the fact that it's his job. Robert Langdon? Not so much

And yeah, you might want to glance at some of the other topics in this forum - you'll notice they're not called things like 'TV show' or 'movie' - people tend to give a bit more away in the title