Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
Bernardo
Manshoon

What's you favourite monster???

I love(you know what I mean) Kobolds and Ogers... and... how do you call the little ones? the blue guys who alwais scream "attaaaack!!!" well those ones!!! They're so fun to kill! just use some *mass-destruction* like firebolt!!!
Also bandits are cool to kill!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

The "little blue guys" would be "Xvarts" I believe ...

I think my favorite monster would have to be the Ogrillion...it has the best battle soundset, ever...

"You mess with me, you mess with YOU"

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Xvarts are funny. I call them "farts"

I also like ankehgs, simply for experience, unique fights, and nice armor. Also, their incredible slow ranged attack is funny to watch; I once had Imoen equip boots of speed and haste herself, get "hit" by an attack, and was able to run to the opposite side of the map with the goo folowing her, then U-turn and get to the other side. Of course, I had to leave the area to avoid being chunked by it
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The Basilisk. It is fun to hunt them for experience and they are impressive beast. Definitely the most rewarding creature.

[ 01-10-2005, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

the exvarts are cool, i reckon the flesh golems are cool, but the best of all are innocet people, har har! nah i reckon the best monstedrs to kill are the ogres, they look cool
Old 01-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I love the look of the Ogre-Magi. Too bad they're such crappy fighters, they look kickass with that armor and Katana.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I like to fight Battle Horrors. They are a tough fight when soloing and even for lower level parties. I always feel like I actually deserved the whopping 2,000 XP for killing them, unlike weaker creatures like basilisks.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #8
Halbarad1891
The Magister

All the little things annoy me... Xvarts, Gibberlings, Tolsoi, Kobolds... grrr By the time they show up in large enough groups to be a fun fight, my party is powerful enough to walk over them (and I do mean walk, the longest part of the battle is looting the bodies).

I've always been a fan of Wolves and Bears (and their relations). A hard fight at the lower levels, and a fun romp at the mid/high levels.

I like "humans" the best though, those battles are always the most difficult and most enjoyable. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:32 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Mustard jellies.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:06 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I really enjoy the basilisk, because they are a source of such easy xp. However, I do enjoy the blink dogs because they teleport (and are friendlier than phase spiders).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote