Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Default State takes Newborn from Parents due to Political Affiliations

http://www.infowars.com/government-s...fs-of-parents/
Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Default Re: State takes Newborn from Parents due to Political Affiliations

wow, i wonder why he was petitioned against originally for neglect 21 months prior to the theft of their newborn?

As for the rest, its ridiculous that they even bothered putting his political interests into the filing. Simply stating he possessed firearms without a permit should have been all that was there.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If true as presented, this would be a heinous abuse of power, and akin to letting the ACLU into Cloudy's and pointing them towards the Endless M&M Jar (tm).

However, my (admittedly brief) research on this finds no other sources for this story besides this one. Every reference seems to point back to this same story. And they all seem to be the same type... underground "government's out to get us" organizations that would kill to get the kind of publicity that this is going to generate.

I find it... interesting... that there is no reference to this story in any NH newspaper, TV station, or other standard media source. Just these various extreme organizations, all repeating the same thing. Oh, and they gloss over point 5, that the mother's parental rights for her other two children may be terminated because of neglect. Still waiting on the court decision on that one...

I also find it interesting that the child was supposedly removed before the mother had a chance to bond, and that both parents were then told to leave the hospital immediately. She must have really recovered quickly from childbirth, don't you think?

I also find it intriguing that as these legal documents are shown, the disclaimer says that the full documents are being withheld to protect the family's privacy. Yeah... the privacy that *doesn't* indicate the child's name, the parents' names, the city where they live... but yeah, nothing that might impact their privacy.

Reading the two documents (which are clearly stated to be separate), there is nothing at all in the first document that indicates why the child is being removed. And there is nothing in the second document that indicates what it is an affidavit about, how it's being used, or how it's related to the first document. So you have two separate and supposedly legitimate documents that someone is telling you are related in some way, with no evidence to support it.

In fact, I found another place where the documents are reproduced... only here, they're made to look like the same document. Someone needs to go back to Photoshop class...

http://dprogram.net/2010/10/08/gover...ts/#more-57370

Note the different fonts, the different colors, the different sizes, the completely different angles of the text... and in the article, the leap to judgment that the child has been removed solely because of the father's membership in this organization.

I also have seen two different stories about the father's involvement in the organization... one that says he's just been "on a discussion list related to the group", and one that says that he's been involved with organizing meetings for the past year, although he might not be a member of the group.

So.... hmmmm.... nasty though this seems, my BS detector is buzzing quite angrily in the background here. I will, however, hold back on any personal decisions about this until I see more evidence, one way or the other.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

The mother has been under investigation for 21 months regarding her parental rights of the first two children. The police have been called to the father's residence several times on firearms-related charges and disturbances - at least one of which resulted in the father being charged with illegal possession and carrying a concealed weapon.

The Oath Keepers do NOT endorse any act of violence. Neither do the Muslims or Christians, but somehow it still happens.

My guess is that many members of the Oath Keepers are on a "watch list", NOT because of their membership in the group, but because of other activities - such as Mr. Irish's apparent inability to avoid having the police called to his house for disturbances related to firearms.

While I agree the child custody document should not have mentioned the association with Oath Keepers, it seems pretty obvious it is just mentioned more as an aside than anything else. There are PLENTY of LEGITIMATE reasons regarding both parents to justify Social Services stepping in to take custody of this child as well until the other investigations are concluded.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerek View Post

While I agree the child custody document should not have mentioned the association with Oath Keepers, it seems pretty obvious it is just mentioned more as an aside than anything else. There are PLENTY of LEGITIMATE reasons regarding both parents to justify Social Services stepping in to take custody of this child as well until the other investigations are concluded.
Check out the website for Ending the Violence.

http://endingtheviolence.us/index.htm

That's the program that the father was order to attend and failed to (as in the second half of the affadavit). Based on the affadvits and the web site, it looks to me like this guy might have an issue with anger management, or there's a history of abuse and the state felt that his newly born child might be at risk. No proof for that but I seriously doubt that the state acted solely on the basis of his organizational ties.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Point #7: "Police are familiar with Mr. Irish, firearms, and one instance of concealed weapon without permit".

So sorry I cannot find any sympathy for you.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Shocked Re: State takes Newborn from Parents due to Political Affiliations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerek View Post
*snip*

Areful-cay on the etails-day, Cerek. The child custody document does *NOT* mention the association with Oath Keepers. The second document, the affidavit, does. Affidavit of what? Who knows...

My thought is that there is a lot more to this story. The only words I'm seeing are from those who claim that someone done 'em wrong...

Hmmm... I finally found something from someone else... a news story about police being called to the hospital in question during a protest. Interesting last line in that news article...

Quote:
While state officials cannot talk about this case, Lorraine Bartlett with the Division For Children Youth And Families said a child cannot be removed based on a parent's affiliation with an organization.
I am now convinced that a newborn child was taken into protective custody... but not of why that has happened. I await further information...
-+-+-+
Old 10-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
Areful-cay on the etails-day, Cerek. The child custody document does *NOT* mention the association with Oath Keepers. The second document, the affidavit, does. Affidavit of what? Who knows...
My bad. Thanks for catching that.

Quote:
My thought is that there is a lot more to this story. The only words I'm seeing are from those who claim that someone done 'em wrong...
My thought is that this is pure propaganda by Oath Keepers to drum up more anti-gov't hysteria among potential members.

Quote:
I am now convinced that a newborn child was taken into protective custody... but not of why that has happened. I await further information...
I worked in Social Services for a short time. While I wasn't in Child Protective Services, I did talk to them a great deal about what was required for them to remove children from a home. Trust me, it takes a LOT more than most of us would imagine for that to happen.

Example: I read one report of an 18-month old that wandered out of the house and down a highway in nothing but a diaper while mom and dad were totally clueless the child was even gone. Dad was allegedly laying on the couch watching TV (or passed out). The last part of the report was the real clincher for me, though. It was titled "[b]Positive aspects of home environment". WTF??????? MY response would have been "NOT A F***ING THING!!!! THEY LET THEIR BABY WANDER OFF DOWN THE ROAD IN A DIAPER!!!"

I talked to the CPS Investigator and he said they were required to list any positive aspects of the home they could to prevent or postpone kids being removed from their parents.

So, no, I do NOT believe Mr. Irish and his fiance' lost their baby just because he is associated with Oath Keepers.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My wife is a social worker by trade, and has been for a number of years. For that reason, I'm also slightly familiar with what is required to remove children from the home. It is not easily done, as you say, and generally requires a relatively long and drawn-out process to make it happen.

Sounds like theirs may have started 21 months ago...

Agree on the propaganda thing, BTW. I strongly suspect ol' papa is not the fine outstanding citizen that those folks would like us to believe.
-+-+-+
Old 10-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Point #7: "Police are familiar with Mr. Irish, firearms, and one instance of concealed weapon without permit".

So sorry I cannot find any sympathy for you.

Alright. So by your logic, because he stupidly had a concealed weapon without a permit, and owns firearms, he and his wife deserve to have their newborne taken away from them?

Seems a bit extreme, doesn't it?
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote