Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-03-2001, 05:59 PM   #11
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Well, if you are a fan of 1st person RPGs, I always plug System Shock 2 hard.. it's one of my all time favorite games. However, it is definitely more action-oriented; something I usually eschew, but the tenseness created and the wonderful audio/voice work is worth it.
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 06:14 PM   #12
ozzbod

Thanks Freud.... System Shock 2, will have a look and see if I can get it downunder. And thanks for the tip on the lingo, 1st person RPG, nothing more embarrasing and off putting to us over 25's (being very generous with myself here), walking into a computer shop and having pubescent sales attended looking at you as if you are from the last century (well, can not use that any more can we) because you do not know the lingo.
Thanks cobber.
Old 01-03-2001, 07:44 PM   #13
Gauleiter

Have you people noticed how many *ancient* threads are suddenly materialising at the top of the list once more? It's actually a lot of fun
Old 01-03-2001, 08:48 PM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

While I still regret seeing so many of the December posts disappear it has been a lot of fun seeing some of the old threads come back to life again!

We've had some really great ones on this board!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 10:28 AM   #15
Dwarf

Yes, keep the old messages going,I can't find the "You know when you've played too much W&W" poll because I was probably playing it at the time (don't like the 105 character limit though roflol).Ozzboc, if you liked this try Might and Magic 7 (MM6 is better (bigger maps etc) but has cack graphics and MM8 was unfinished (small maps, missing quests, useless items etc)).In the M&M stuff you're characters also talk to you when they're hurt("Someone get me a healer" or "Help!" or "I can't take much more of this" etc) leanding a definite character to the game that W&W occassionaly seems to lack.Wyvern (Jules Vern?)I know how frustrating it is to see new messages come up while you're answering things.But worse is going to bed for sisxteen hours (but only sleeping for seven of them, W&W ) and coming back to check if anybody has answered any of my abominable questions only to find two whole pages of new answers in the way.The speed at wich people fill these pages is starting to get to me.(BTW does this board do the smily variants because mine should have curly hair, a beard and a moustache {:-{} I know it's too much to ask but I never bother to type the full thing in and I don't look like Pacman).