Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-23-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is kind of a weird one that I'm hopeful someone may be able to give me some insight into...

When I was fiddling around with the Machine of Lum the Mad...I decided that I wanted Aerie to get her WIS bumped from 17 to 18. So I sent her up to the machine, had her perform the correct sequence, and the game told me that her WIS had been increased by 1 point. Problem is...it wasn't increased. It's still 17. She didn't have any MR at the time and the increases for my other party members all worked. What gives? Does Aerie have some sort of racial restriction or something? Anyone...anyone...Bueller?...Buuuellller?

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 05:13 PM   #2
trux

Hmmm...that's an odd one. I don't really know, but I can tell you that MR has nothing to do with it.

Does Aerie start with a wisdom of 17? I thought it was 16, but I never really use her so I don't know.

------------------
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 06:28 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, it may be because Aerie has a base Wis of 16.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 08:10 AM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well, it may be because Aerie has a base Wis of 16.
Yup. Knew that. However, prior to activating the machine...I checked her current WIS score and it was 17. I must have bumped it up somehow in the past. I may have created a Manual of ? (for Wisdom increase) earlier in the game. Hmmm...maybe that's what screwed up the system...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote