Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Hey every1 it's me ( again ).

I am currently trying to complete the "Cult of the Unseeing Eye" quest.

Ok so i continued down to lower reaches, healed the demon, he died, took rod, back up to the blind hobo, talked, talked to tad, cleared out Ghoul Town, wasted 20 or so days of rest so i could train on the ever interrupting mummies and ghasts, Down into flesh maze, fireball + fireball + cloudkill = dead priests, killed all the lesser beholders.

OK now i loot every single pulsating fleshbulb thingy and get the wand. I save. I exit the room with the wand and theres the Master Beholder. he kills me. I reload and he's not there.

I spent ages upon ages walking around in circles to find him but i couldn't.

I tried removing the wand, placing it back in the chest, Grunting at it ( i have much anger ) but i still cant find him.

Did i miss him or have i yet to cross his path??

I'm sure it was him in flesh caverns as he was named Unseeing eye and he spoke to me.
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:53 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

The $64,000 question: are you fully patched?

I remember there being a Balderdash fix that covered this. The game should also have autosaved before you entered the Beholder lair--try reloading from there and see what happens.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

O dear god. DO u know how hard it is for me to kill those dam green floating balls of annoyance!?!?!?!

starting again.... JEEBUS!
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Old 07-05-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

SPOILERS:

Cloak of Mirroring and Shield of Balduran makes these guys pretty easy!!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:28 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, you don't actually NEED to kill all the other Beholders at all. A little Stealth/Invisibility is all you need to get past a Beholder, and it's quite simple to waltz through the area without fighting anything other than 2 Gauths, that cluster of Blind Priests (who actually aren't Blind, which I think is a shame), and the Unseeing Eye. Easy.

And Beholders are not green. Hmph!
Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 AM   #6
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

I did my name tactic as last time. jan and ehtoria stand behind wall and shoot fireball and fireball at the corner, they run away, charge in summons, repeat. I did however find Mr Ever Elusive Blind Beholder when i loaded my autosave and i turn the corner , paused b4 he talked, used wand, and he killed me 1 hit ! But i did still kill him when redoing it all over AGAIN!

thx for da help.