Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Light Bulb In BG1, longswords,2-handed swords were all Large Swords..but after installing TuTu

Every weapon has a seperate slot (just like bg2).

But I can place stars on weapon fighting styles, very nice.

However, seperate slot thing can be a problem. Lets say I invest my points in longsword. I wont be able to use 2-handedn & bastard swords.

1. Is there a way to correct it? (by patch etc)
2. If you would go with 1-weapon route, which one you would pick?

Thanks!
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: In BG1, longswords,2-handed swords were all Large Swords..but after installing Tu

the idea of BGtutu and BGT is to play BG1 in the BG2 engine. That includes how the stats work. So, probably no fix. Specialization in a specific weapon ups the character customization.

I personally consider the diversification of your options to be the correction.

And if you specialize in a given weapon it doesn't mean you can't use the others, just that you won't be as effective with them.

Are you trying to power-game or role play.

If powergaming is your goal, you need to find the strongest weapon and go with it. I haven't played in ages, so I've no clue as to which one that is.

If your goal is roleplaying, it doesn't matter. Pick a weapon you like and go with it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: In BG1, longswords,2-handed swords were all Large Swords..but after installing Tu

Go here...
http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

There is a part of this mod that will return you to the BG1 weapon system. The mod is customizable in that you can choose which parts of the mod to install. The mod should be installed in the TuTu installation, NOT the BG2 installation.

That being said, this mod (BG2 Tweaks) can definitely change the game experience. I 'HIGHLY' recommend that when you start the Installer program, you choose the Display Readme option at the beginning. It will bring up the mod's Readme online (you must have internet connection enabled). This will allow you to refer to the readme while installing the mod.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:08 AM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

There are a couple of good 2-handed swords (one is cursed, unfortunately). There's a +2 longsword and numerous +1 longswords in the game. One +2 hammer and several +1 hammers. I "think" there is a +2 bastard sword, but am unsure; there are +1 bastard swords. Mace's, flails and morningstars are all +1 weapons. There's a +2 short sword and several +1 shortswords.

So, the 2-handed sword is the way to go. But if you're doing F/C or R/C dual, then pick hammers.

Side note: I always thought Khalid was inadequate as a fighter. But get him to L3 and ditch the shield... get him the 2-weapon proficiency and a couple of +1 swords... he now is MUCH better.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks. I think link is broken so I'll go with 2-handed swords.

I noticed that we can use weapon fighting styles too. very cool
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
There are a couple of good 2-handed swords (one is cursed, unfortunately). There's a +2 longsword and numerous +1 longswords in the game. One +2 hammer and several +1 hammers. I "think" there is a +2 bastard sword, but am unsure; there are +1 bastard swords. Mace's, flails and morningstars are all +1 weapons. There's a +2 short sword and several +1 shortswords.

So, the 2-handed sword is the way to go. But if you're doing F/C or R/C dual, then pick hammers.

Side note: I always thought Khalid was inadequate as a fighter. But get him to L3 and ditch the shield... get him the 2-weapon proficiency and a couple of +1 swords... he now is MUCH better.
Lest we forget that there's two +3 two handed swords, The 2 handed of Berserking, and I believe "World's end".

Last edited by Kyrvias; 09-07-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote