Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Default general Fable 2 questions

Just got the game a few days ago, been having a lot of fun with it, but I have a few questions and remembered that people here have played it.

Is there armor? Or shields? Or dual-wielding? It looks like some guards wear chest plates (i guess it could just be poofy shirts), and while my highwayman's coat is really cool I assume it completely fails to slow enemy bullets. Haven't had any serious trouble with enemies yet, but I did take a couple of hits in a bandit ambush with gunners on a cliff (playing a mage with some melee skill).

Is my inventory unlimited? I just tried to use a closet to drop some stuff and ended up picking up more junk. I'm pretty sure that I'm carrying a desk, too. So I can just keep collecting things and not worry about it?

Thanks! Any general tips welcome, as well. I spent a lot of time becoming a 5 star blacksmith and still don't know if it was worthwhile.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: general Fable 2 questions

Ok, in this version of the Fable universe, there is no armor. Just clothes. They only impact your appearance and what people think of you. To this end I found the dyes to be indispensible, as the default colors on some items were horrible.

Combat advice, kill the enemy, don't get killed.

And yes, your inventory is limitless, no matter how strong or weak you are. I think I'm running around with about 200+ furniture items in my inventory, should I come across a building I don't own yet.

leveling up the jobs just lets you earn more when you do them. My personal advice is to get into real estate. After the tenth house it practically pays for itself. I'm currently pulling about 14k/5 minutes. I haven't been playing for the past 3 days so I'll probably be a millionaire when I go back. (you earn money even when you aren't playing.) But the jobs are a great source of early money.

The gambling is just for kicks and possibly achievments.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 07-18-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

first off, thanks for the tips - I'm investing heavily into real estate and it's definitely paying off.

second - is there any way to have more than one savegame? My least favorite thing in this game is being committed to a sole decision because the game autosaves over my only save. I love branching to various paths in rpgs while I play - ARGH! I accepted the temple of light defense quest and didn't realize that it would automatically frell my association with the temple of shadows. I saved in between accepting and finally doing the quest, and there's no option to side with the shadow monks. ARGH! Is there any way to un-accept the quest? I may have to slaughter all the monks, regardless of robe color.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Nope. That was a huge step down from Fable I, in my opinion. Only one save that keeps overwriting itself over and over. Aggravating, to be sure.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote