Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 11-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #141
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: Dystopia: The Fallen Angels

Philbert Sigismund Wolf

As soon as he noticed the doors closing, the muscles in Wolf's body tensed, readying themselves for what he was planning to do. He knew nothing of the metallic item he was supposed to give to the captain, but his suspicions were enough. The item could have been anything from a cylinder containing poisonous gas, to a bomb. He wasn't going to take anything like that with him to the captain.

As soon as he saw the doors to the elevator closing he threw the metallic item with all his might out of the doors closing shut.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #142
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

(Philbert Sigismund Wolf)

You find that it takes more time for the doors to close then it takes for the lift to move up a level. Mere seconds after the elevator doors connect with a loud metallic clang, you find yourself facing half a dozen marines in full body armor.

,,He's clean'', confirms the first marine, after briefly scanning you with a handheld device. ,,You may step inside, doctor. Do you require medical care?''

Last edited by Dreamer128; 11-25-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #143
dplax
Jack Burton

Philbert Sigismund Wolf

"I probably do," the doctor said, "but it can wait. Whoever attacked us gave me some basic treatment down there."

Philbert stepped out of the elevator.

"The captain will probably want to hear from me, seeing as I was down there. I don't know how safe it is for me to approach him though. I was out for several minutes down there and I don't know whether they did something with me. They drugged me with at least one substance and I'm still trying to sort out my thoughts."

Wolf paused, bringing the palm of his hand to rest on his chin before suddenly withdrawing it as the sharp pain of burnt skin touching burnt skin jolted him back to the current situation.

"Someone down there, I can't really recall whom, told me to tell the captain that if demands weren't met, people would die."

Despite it having been less than a minute ago, drugs and injuries have pushed the memory far enough back for it to be a considerable effort to drag the recollections to the fore of his mind.

"I was also given some metallic object that I was supposed to give to Messman. Thought it could be bomb...or...threw it out closing..."

The rest of what the doctor had to say was lost in a jumble of incomprehensible words as Wolf's attention drifted away to far away thoughts. He could have still been standing, he could have been sliding to the floor, his mind had decided to not care about the signals the body kept sending.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 AM   #144
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Ricor Messman

The acting captain of the ship sat in silence, periodically mopping his brow with a greasy rag. It was his only visible act.
He had never planned radical decisions, looking for little more than a swift but responsible retirement at the earliest opportunity. Now a pack of leeches infested his ship, treacherous worms that they were. But Ricor wondered; did he care?
It was his team down there at engineering, but now matters grew more complicated he cared little for the fates of the rest of the crew. Vape them all, he thought. The rats and everyone around them. I was ready to welcome them, they spit in my face. Toss them all into the void, and a pity about the hostages.
But he said nothing, gave no direction. The oily cloth moved up again.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #145
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

(Ricor Messman)

,,..aptain?’’, the voice drifts just outside of your hearing range, and for a few moments you are convinced that it is a product of your imagination. Suddenly, you notice the Tac-Liason standing in front of you – his lips moving. ,,Sir, are you alright?’’, he asks. Although he doesn’t look to be particulary worried. His face betrays that he is expecting the resolution to this crisis to be delivered through the barrel of a Cobra, rather than through any plan or diplomatic scheme the engineer-turned-captain might come up with. ,,Captain, maybe you should get some sleep?’’, he ventures carefully. Clearly worried that he might be out of line. ,,Sergeant Jörg sends his compliments, sir. He just pulled another survivor out of the elvator shaft. It’s doctor Wolf. Before he lost conciousness, he mentioned that the unknowns on deck four have threatend to use force against the hostages if their demands aren’t met. Which is nothing new. Wolf is wounded, but the CMO is seeing to his treatment personally.’’, he continues. ,,The sergeant will personally debrief Wolf and Avery in about an hour. Then, he’ll come up with a final plan of attack. The debriefing will take place on deck one, sir. You are, of course, expected.’’
Old 11-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #146
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

(Philbert Sigismund Wolf)

,,Rise and shine, doctor’’, a familiar voice says. You open your eyes, and find that your retina is instantly attacked by the bright lights in the Medical Bay. You never realised that a sizable portion of the valuable backup power was used to ensure that the sickbay was illuminated as usual. Luckily, most of the overly bright light is almost immediately blocked out by the body of the CMO, who seems to hover above you. ,,Tough luck, old chap. Whatever treatment the intruders gave you triggered some kind of accute tissue-necrosis in your legs. I had to amputate’’, he says gleefully, while nodding towards the laser-scalp in his left hand.
You glare down your body, only to find both legs firmly in place. You suspect that if the CMO widens his grin any further, his teeth will fall out. ,,I’ve applied some tissue regeneration-patches to your burn wounds, you should be back on your feet in minutes’’, he says, before moving to the next patient.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #147
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Scott Avery

Heading to the sickbay to pick up the Doctor, Scott stopped at the entry and scanned the room for him. Seeing the CMO conversing with him, Scott waited for him to move to the next patient before going in.
" Doctor, are you able to come with me to the briefing room, they are expecting us there pdq, if need be, we can bring you in on the med stretcher. "
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #148
dplax
Jack Burton

Philbert Sigismund Wolf

Philbert was just about to mumble some thank yous to CMO Abraham when Corporal Avery walked in, saving him from saying what he had not really wanted to say.

With a sudden movement that made his still not fully healed wounds ache and stretch more than comfortably, Philbert sat up.

"I'm ready to be debriefed Corporal."

His mind wasn't yet fully cleared, but he knew that time was of the essence.

"The sooner the captain gets the information-" he paused as he tentatively swung his legs from the bed and put them on the ground, gently placing weight on them, wincing as the pain hit, but then following up with even more pressure. "-the better."

"The stretcher will not be necessary." Wolf grabbed a medical coat and a pair of operating trousers from a nearby hanger so as to seem halfway decent and not naked when appearing in the briefing room. Pulling them over his wounded body wasn't as painful as he had expected, but still hurt like hell.

"Let's go," he said walking towards the door, wincing less with each footstep as he got used to the constant pain.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #149
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

(Scott Avery and Philbert Sigismund Wolf)

The executive briefing room is surprisingly empty. You find only three people sitting at the head of the long table. You both recognize the first person as Sergeant Jorg, who has traded his battle armor for his regular uniform. Without it, he looks considerably shorter. The other two persons, both middle aged males, look only vaguely familair. But they appear to be senior officers from the Operations and Engineering departments.
,,Please be seated'', Jorg says. ,,We're still waiting for the captain, so feel free to help yourself to some synthesized coffee.''
Old 11-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #150
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Jack Johnson cowers in the pleasant glow of the monitors surrounding his station, occasionally stealing glances at the darkness that seemed to encroach on him from all sides. The sparse emergency lights seem to do little to arrest the growing blackness. Jack has never been a regular at the temple of logic and reason, and has little trouble convincing himself that the void is in fact seeping through the hull. A solid, sentient predator that is sneaking up on him.
When the lights turn back on, his heart skips a beat. The Tech-Liason is the first to state the obvious. ,,Main power is back online.''