Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I have PowerDVD 5 and Windows Media both on my computer, but recently I've run into a problem: neither of them will display subtitles. They'll play my DVDs in a variety of languages, and if I try, they'll tell me subtitles have been turned on; but nothing comes up. This holds true for Region 1 and Region 2 DVDs, and for DVDs in Japanese, Chinese, French and Spanish. Not only that, but if I'm watching a film like Once Upon a Time in Mexico or Kill Bill vol 1 or heck, even the Star Wars DVDs my brother loaned, when short exchanges occur in languages other than English, the subtitles translating these languages will not be displayed, either.

I have no idea what's causing this, though my stepdad said something about needing to upgrade codecs. I don't know if that's the case, but if so, where would I find the codec I need?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:39 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Try reinstalling PowerDVD... the codecs are most likely corrupt and should be reinstalled with them. Or get a hold of Powerdvd 6... which should upgrade them...

(another fine post from Captain Obvious, editor of "Well, Duh" magazine...)... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote